Utah archery tags

grizzlyplumber

Very Active Member
anyone know when the tags will go on sale for the Utah archery hunt? I have been all over their website and am only more confused than I was before, if thats possible.

I think they sold out in the draws. If I'm wrong and they didn't its like June 15 or right close to that.

I know of 2 guys that did not draw northeast archery. I guess your only chance of a tag is buy a northern tag and wait till Sept 2.

Why do you guys post a response when you haven't got a clue what you're talking about? Extremely irresponsible, in my opinion.

Left-over tags go on sale at 7 a.m. on June 11. 2,396 deer tags are remaining after the draw, any region, but you have to designate your region of choice. Elk tags are unlimited and go OTC at the same time.

Exactly, there is left over tags every year for archery deer in the San Juan area. If you put in the draw its 100% because they never sell out.

There is a possibility that all the 14000 or so deer tags sold out during the draw and some folks just got a preference point. It didn't have anything to do with which unit as all 14k of them could have gone to one unit this year.

The last few years it hasn't been close to selling out during the draw. With all the changes this year and quite a few folks missing out on getting archery tags the last couple of years, they may have sold out during the draw and none will be available over the counter.

If that's the case I'll bet there were precious few who didn't draw.

Another possibility was that there was a mistake on their apps.

Cheers,
Pete

Grizzlyplummer,
IF there are left over tags, the morning (and I mean the morning) they go on sale, take the morning off from plumbing and knock down the dwr door the second they open so you can get one. Every year the leftover tags are selling out quicker and quicker. Last year they were gone in a matter of hours-one of my buddies didn't get one. My advise for the future is don't rely on leftover tags. Take the time and get in on the draw. Archery is on the rise and is getting more and more popular. Good luck and I hope you get one. I couldn't function without knowing that come August, I couldn't hunt!!!

LAST EDITED ON May-19-09 AT 09:26AM (MST)[p]Exactly again! Why do people post with more speculation? It is was it is. Tags are available

If your friends didn't draw they messed up the app. it happens all the time.

The left over tags for archery deer did, my buddy waited to long yr before last and then he couldn't get one. Last yr they sold out in a day or two, I waited to long last yr but had a Nv tag so no biggy.

ummm, I must have been directed to a different screen when I log into the DWR website to buy a tag???? Interesting indeed.

3 blade is correct - nobody bought an archery deer tag more than 5 days after they went on sale over the counter last year. The year before they sold out in less than 3 weeks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom