Utah beaver goat

casper31

Utah beaver goat

Hi everyone, A little lady luck came my way this year as Utah Gave out 2 tags for the early hunt on the beaver for nonresident's.I had been putting in back in the 90's and new I should be close to drawing the high bonus point tag now that one was up for the point pool.

Well the tag is mine and it has been a dream to hunt mountain goats with my bow for a long time.It is not to long anymore because I will be there in sept.I planned on taking the whole season off if need be.

As far as scouting go's I am going to try and make a run this summer to get a overview of what Im in for I live about 10 hours away.This will be a do it myself hunt with my dad.Nothing against outfitters but just a little low on funds with the economy.

If anyone could give me a little help that may shortcut me to some good goat spots for this OIL tag I shur would be thankfull.

OK I have a toyhauler to camp in and or backpacking equipment if that is what is needed.A 4 wheel drive truck and quad,and pretty much everything else a guy could use including great optics.Im in decent shape soon to be even better.Pm me if you like with anything you could think of to make this a awsome experience thanks Dan in AZ

RE: Utah beaver goat

Dan,

Congrats on your Beaver goat tag! I drew the NR Lone Peak tag with 9 points and I think it was the bonus tag as well. How many points did you have going into the draw? I was thinking about putting in for the Beaver hunt but I only thought there would be one tag and didn't want to take a chance on being thrown in the random draw pool.

I am in almost exactly the same position as you - 10 hours away, all the same equip, etc. though I don't have the luxury of taking off the whole season. Wish I could offer some help, but I don't know too much about your unit other than what I have read which is that you can pretty much drive up to the top. I will most likely be backpacking in for my goat from what I have learned during my preliminary research. There are a few Doyle Moss DVD's that you might want to check out that feature record book goat hunts on your unit. They are are called Mossback Ultimate Big Game Hunting 1, 2, and 3 and you can check them out on this site.

Congrats again on your tag and good luck on your hunt!

Horniac

Congratulations Dan. I live right next to the Tushar's, (Beaver Mountain) and have spent my entire life in those mountains. I would be very happy to provide you with all the information that you need for a successful hunt. Please feel free to contact me at 435-586-2865 (work). Tell my secretary that you are a hunter and she will let you you through. Should be an incredible hunt.

Shadowhunter

Shadowhunter that is quite generous to say the least thank you so much I will try and give you a call tomorrow tuesday the 12th.

Horniac I had 11 points going into the draw.Gongrats on your tag as well,we should have one heck of a great fall. Keep in touch as the season draws closer we only have about 120 day's till were living the dream.Casper

Casper,

I look forward to visiting with you. I believe that you will find the information I have to be extremely helpful with your hunt. That particular hunt should be an incredible experience.

Shadowhunter

Dan after meeting you in colorado last year, I feel sorry for any goat you put in your sights. good luck and let me know if you need any extra spotters.

Dan,

Wear orange and be careful of 300 slugs flying around.;-)

Seriously, good luck. I will be there with my wife on the first hunt. Maybe we will cross paths? If we do stop and say hi so we dont bugger each other.

Hi treedagain good to here from you.Hope that you and your brothers have some luck this fall drawing a great tag or two.Keep in touch.

Ktc thats awsome congrats on the beaver tag also,would you happen to know how many total there will be on the first hunt including the 2 non res and the 1 nanny tag?

Dan,

I would have to look. If I am remembering right there are 12 res tags and 2 nr tags on the first hunt, plus, 12 nanny res tags. The nanny tags can hunt until mid Oct. We could possibly have 25 or so people on the mountain? My guess is by mid week after the opener it will be very quiet. In fact, the last half should be best and no competition? It could get kind of crazy the first two days?

Dan,

I may have just talked myself into waiting until a bit later? I would guess most guys will pound the first billie/nanny they see and be headed home. I doubt many will sort thru the goats and spend time trying to get something mature? It could be a cluster at first?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom