Utah Coyote's?

xbow

Thinking about giving it a try but never been before. Where would be a better area to start out towards Grantsville somewhere or perhaps vernon or possibly Eureka? Any info anybody is willing to share would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Best thing to do is get out and look for sign. If you find tracks and scat they are in the area. Find a good spot to set up so that you can see. Be quiet on your approach in your vehicle and make sure it's hidden. Don't slam your doors or talk and walk quietly to your set-up. Play the rabbit blues for about a minute then rest for 2 minutes scanning for movement. Repeat calling and scanning sequence for about 15-20 minutes. Pay attention to the wind. Coyotes will 90% of the time circle downwind. If nothing shows after about 20 minutes slowly get up and do a quick 360 scan to see if any were coming from your backside. If you see nothing then move on to the next spot. Depending on the area and amount of cover it could be anywhere from a few hundred yards to a mile or two.

That's great info beef, i can't tell you how many times i've had dogs come in at my back and i didn't notice them till it was too late!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom