Utah General Deer (Rifle) - Cedar Mtn

T

Tsessions

I usually hunt the archery hunt but my friend has a general rifle tag. My question is do you think the deer will still be up on Cedar Mtn during this hunt or will they have started moving?

I seen alot of good quality deer during this archery hunt and wondered if they would still be there.

When I hunted rifle I would hunt a lot lower (New Castle area)

They will start moving some. Specially the ones near Zions Canyon. Locals state they pull off the very top before the rifle hunt. Any area around Cedar City should be good with lots of deer. Very little if any winter kill.

it all depend on if there is snow or not. if it snows before the hunt (even just a trace of snow) most will migrate off. if there's no snow alot will stay. last year i saw a few up by midway at the end of november.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-08 AT 03:48PM (MST)[p]I've noticed that the deer migration depends alot on where I decide to hunt first. If I try the high elevations, I'm told by other hunters that the deer have migrated off the mountain. If I change plans and decide to start out down low in the cedar trees, I find that the deer aren't there yet. If I then decide to try somewhere in the middle, I'm told they're either still up on top, or they've gone down to the desert. I'm sure it's all my fault, and I apologize for all the confusion I've caused over the years.

I personally don't think there are as many deer in the Cedar Mountain area as there used to be. Good luck anyway, it should be fun this year because I'm hunting somewhere else.

the cedar mtn. herd has been getting better each year for the last 3-4 yrs. u just have to put alot of effort into getting as far away from all the fourwheeler trails as possible.(almost impossible their all over that mtn.)but there's still some good areas up there. tons of little bucks this year and last year. should be great in a year or two. have seen a few big ones taken so far during the archery hunt.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom