Utah Hunt Expo (African Hunt)

sniper14

I'm heading to the hunt expo in a couple weeks, and I'm looking to buy an African hunt to go on with my dad and our spouses. 2 hunters and 2 guests. Just wondering if you know a few exhibitors that will be there that can be trusted and will put on a fun/safe/ memorable experience. Never done a guided hunt before and don't want the first to be bad. I would post this on the African hunting site but I know this gets more traffic and need some advice by next Friday. Thanks in advance.

What do you want to hunt?
I am assuming plains game for your first trip over?
Any specific animal that you want more than the others?
Do you want to hunt only free-range animals or would you consider hunting a large, fenced property?
Just some things to think about.

Check out Bertus with Dumukwa safaris.
We've hunted with him and send friends and family there multiple times. 2of my girls had the time of their lives hunting and shopping. Very special!
He's the real-deal, hard working, knowledgable, great critters, and most importantly, Damn fun! Oh, the food is spectacular!
Zeke

Sounds like Zeke may have your answer.

I found myself in your shoes about 8 years ago. We didn't have a clue who to book with and heard a lot of horror stories. We finally booked with Cabela's for a 10 animal plains game hunt in South Africa. We had a great experience and took some really nice animals.

All of my African outfitter friends are in Vegas for SCI this week, but not a lot of them come up to the Expo. There are several other shows they are committed to instead. The Western Hunting Expo tends to follow its namesake and be more in line with deer/elk/moose/sheep type hunts. There are usually about 15-20 African outfitters at the ISE show in March, tho, that you could look at also..

PM me with some specific questions, areas, animals, rates, and things you are wanting to see and do. Will try to give some good advice.

my brother is a local taxidermist. He will be hosting an open house prior to the expo for an outfitter that he and many of his clients have used. If you are interested pm me please

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!" -Harry S. Truman

Check out Uhlenhorst hunting safari's. Me and my wife went a couple of years ago and had a blast. Hoekus will take good care of you. Jared

+1 on Atcheson's. Be sure to ask/research Namibia. Probably best bang for the buck.

I have hunted w/ Spear Safari in S. Africa several times, am going back in 2016. 1st class.

Blank has lots of knowledge and would be a good contact.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom