Utah Judge

Have you ever had to deal with a judge? They are the most uppity "Im better than you" types around when they are in that seat.

In the judge's statement, "...I have a prejudice concerning deer hunting and people who kill deer and transport deer who have been shot", she refers to deer as 'who' which technically implies a person. It should read '... and transport deer THAT have been shot', unless she purposely said 'who'. I would think that someone as educated as a judge should know that. Probably a card carrying member of PETA.

What an arrogent lady. She stepped way out of line as far as the duties of her job, enforcing the laws of the land. Clearly using the power of her position to push her lifestyle choices on others. Whatever happened to respect and acceptance of other Americans beliefs and heritages?

----------------------------------------
Measure wealth by the things you have,, for which you would not take money.

arrogance doesnt even begin to describe some of these people ,,,, maybe she was "educated" from here in Calif ,,, we have lotsa peoples like her ,,,,, you guys need a few more ? :D

Gee, this all makes sense now. This particular judge is the same one who threatened to send the marshalls after me when my elk hunt happened to coincide with a bench trial (not even my case). This was after I had vacation approved months in advance. I was also going to be held in contempt until I told the DA if she wanted me there that badly, she could fly me back from Wyoming. Well, she did. And I swear the DA's secretary booked my flight from Cheyenne instead of Jackson on purpose, because suddenly I was 'unavailable'....probably because of the 800 dollar flight fee!

No wonder now, eh?

She did the right thing by recusing herself, but still has no excuse to use the bench as a soapbox to air her opinions on legal activities.

But, it was a poaching case which isn't even close to a legal activity and he still only got a slap on the wrist in the end.
It made me sick to hear about "family tradition" and all that horsecrap when the guy was there in the first place because his family member helped poach a trophy deer.

Catch 22 on this. The judge was over the line, but reading the article I felt like they wanted me to feel sorry for the guy, but I don't! Irritating to have read how picked on he was, but he did break the law!

Hey reread the article. The guy interviewed was not even charged, his brother was the one on trial not him. She got mad at him for walking out of the courtroom. He had nothing to do with the poaching case, he was just supporting his brother.

She was way over the line.

He was supporting his brother who was on trial for helping poach a deer.
The guy who walked out was talking about growing up hunting and the family tradition. Brother=Family. I guess poaching is part of that tradition. I guess I don't get dbltrbl's point.

I read the article several times and if you finish the article it talks about the punishment the brother on trial ended up with which amounted to a slap on the wrist.

She was out of line, but I don't feel sorry for a poacher or anyone who supports one. Maybe I'm a hardass, but I wouldn't be at my brother's poaching trial for moral support, but I might show up to let the judge know to make an example of him. I would expect him to do the same to me, and I know he would. It's called policing your own and there should be more of it.

NickJ1980

So since you have one bad apple the entire bushel is bad. This is the same logic anti-hunting and anti-gun groups use. And believe me I would be the first to turn in a poacher, even if it was my brother or son.

Regardless of a difference in opinion as to the poaching do you agree the judge was out of line.

>He was supporting his brother who
>was on trial for helping
>poach a deer.
>The guy who walked out was
>talking about growing up hunting
>and the family tradition.
>Brother=Family. I guess poaching
>is part of that tradition.
> I guess I don't
>get dbltrbl's point.

You are an idiot, listen to what you say before you type it. What you are saying is that if one person in an extended family of hunters poaches something, then the entire family and their history of hunting is now forfeit. By that one mans actions, the whole family has become poachers? No.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-06 AT 07:03AM (MST)[p]This is going to sound really bad but, I am tired of seeing the irrational feelings come out in decisions that affect my life from women put in powerful positions. I deal with this at the office as well. Women by their very nature are more emotional than men and should not be running anything except the kitchen.

(I know it sounds bad but it is true, except for the bit of sarcasm about my kitchen......I'll be nice and say that they can clean the whole house....not just the kitchen........ :)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-06 AT 12:14PM (MST)[p]Tony,
I hope calling me an idiot has made you feel a little better. Thank you for telling me what I was saying, too. Even though you're way off.

What's funny is that while I'm the idiot, you've missed the point that this case was about a trophy mule deer that you and your kids will never have a chance to hunt legally. Not only that, but you are willing to give the poacher and his brother, who obviously supports his brother's actions, a free pass because they ended up in front of an activist judge.

Let me put this in terms that may help you understand a little better even though I'm repeating myself for the third time now.

-SHE WAS OUT OF LINE AND NEEDS TO KEEP HER PERSONAL OPINIONS OFF THE BENCH LIKE A GOOD JUDGE WOULD.
-THE BROTHER ON TRIAL IS A POACHER.
-I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR HIM OR HIS SUPPORTIVE KIN.
-IF ANYONE MAKES HUNTERS LOOK BAD IT IS THESE TWO (particularly the guy who was on trial), AND THEY GAVE A HAIRBRAINED JUDGE AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET ON A SOAPBOX ABOUT IT.

I never said the brother was a bad apple (assumption is the mother of all screw-ups). I only said that I wouldn't have been there to provide any kind of moral support for a poacher. Somehow he managed to spin a poaching case into something about family tradition and the hunting heritage that we all hold dear. Appearently he duped you.
His words in this situation serve to cheapen tradition and heritage even though almost every other situation they would be words to hold in reverence.

If he would have stayed home the judge wouldn't have had the golden opportunity to run her mouth.

"That's all I got to say 'bout that." (quote from another "idiot")

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom