Utah leftover archery deer tag

Sauce

I was thinking about getting a leftover archery deer tag this year, but from being out of state(it can be overwhelming)I am not sure where to focus my efforts... I may only get once scouting trip before the hunt.... I was wondering if anyone would be willing to steer me in the right direction... no honey holes... just looking to make the best out of the trip.
I appriciate any help you can provide and understand if you can't

Be aware that these tags sold out in 2 hours last year. There are getting to be fewer left over tags each year. You better plan on buying one the minute they go on sale. As far as where to go it really depends on where waht part of the state you want to go to. There is public land all over the state. That is one nice thing the DWR did this year is open the achery hunt to state wide for the entire hunt again. Lots of private in the North but plenty of public land. More Public the further south you venture.

Another plus is if you don't fill your tag your first trip you can come back and hunt deer in the extended areas during the rut! That alone is worth the trip...

There's plenty of land anywhere, but I really think that all the tags will be sold out through the draw this year.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-10 AT 09:38PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-10 AT 09:37?PM (MST)

+1 Bayside. If you want an archery tag, better aply in the draw

As for the Abajo Peak area, I'm betting heavy winter kill.

Yelum

SE UT will have a huge winter kill this year they just flat out got hammered.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

>SE UT will have a huge
>winter kill this year they
>just flat out got hammered.
>
>
>

calling BS. the deer went into the winter in great shape. they will come out in great shape!

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom