Utah legal crossbow scope

Bux n Dux

My father has been approved for a crossbow COR in utah and we are trying to get him set up for hunting. I’m pretty knowledgeable when it comes to bows and arrows, but crossbows are very foreign to me and I’m a total beginner. I’m trying to find a legal scope for him to put on one that has some kind of reticle that has multiple hash marks for different yardages or something of that nature, but I can’t find much out there that meets the 1x utah requirements. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find something like that or have any input on what they are using? TIA

On a More Serious Situation Look at This:

That's not legal in Utah bess.

BUX, I went with a truglow 3 dot red dot scope for my dad. After sighting it in at 40 yards his other two dots was good at 60, and 80 yards.

Got ot off of Amazon for around $60

My father has been approved for a crossbow COR in utah and we are trying to get him set up for hunting. I’m pretty knowledgeable when it comes to bows and arrows, but crossbows are very foreign to me and I’m a total beginner. I’m trying to find a legal scope for him to put on one that has some kind of reticle that has multiple hash marks for different yardages or something of that nature, but I can’t find much out there that meets the 1x utah requirements. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find something like that or have any input on what they are using? TIA
I tried to use the discontinued Hawke 1x, non magnifying crossbow scope on my Ravin R-9 and it wasn't to accurate. I'm going to try the truglo 3 dot red scope and see if that's more accurate. I've heard that the Utah DWR/ RAC committee is supposed change the law in 2024 or 2025 to allow disabled, or paralyzed hunters the right to use magnified scopes again on crossbows during the disabled archery season. I hear the Utah DWR has gotten a lot of pushback, because disabled hunters buy a $ 2,000 crossbow and they can't find a 1x non magnified scope. I've called Utah DWR and I've talked to people that represent the (COR), Certificate OF Registration for Utah hunts. That's all the info that I have.

I tried to use the discontinued Hawke 1x, non magnifying crossbow scope on my Ravin R-9 and it wasn't to accurate. I'm going to try the truglo 3 dot red scope and see if that's more accurate. I've heard that the Utah DWR/ RAC committee is supposed change the law in 2024 or 2025 to allow disabled, or paralyzed hunters the right to use magnified scopes again on crossbows during the disabled archery season. I hear the Utah DWR has gotten a lot of pushback, because disabled hunters buy a $ 2,000 crossbow and they can't find a 1x non magnified scope. I've called Utah DWR and I've talked to people that represent the (COR), Certificate OF Registration for Utah hunts. That's all the info that I have.
Add the Ravin jack plate to the Ravin with the 3 dot scope. It will help!
IMG_4989.jpeg

Check out the HHA crossbow, that's what I have on mine, with a red dot, gives you good accuracy out to 100 yards, not that I would shoot that far and cheaper than the Ravin, but just as good, I've owned both

There is an excellent piece in the January 2024 Huntin Fool Magazine by Logan Hedges titled “ To Crossbow or Not to Use a Crossbow.” Some other hunt advisors and hunt adventure publications are against the use of crossbows. I appreciate Logan Hedges for bringing awareness to the hunting community on this issue. The Utah DWR, Wildlife Board, and the technology committee should allow the use of a magnified COR permit crossbow scope during archery season if the hunter is paralyzed, quadriplegic, or other severe issue that limits mobility. From my perspective, Utah is somewhat judgemental, discrimin**** against handicapped hunters with their absence of knowledge of the hardships that it takes for a handicapped person to go hunting. They’re too focused on shed hunting, trail cameras, and muzzleloader scopes in the general hunting community. Just my 2 cents!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom