Utah Legislative Session

SureShot

Very Active Member
Any interesting hunting-related bills during this session we should be watching? The only one I see is HB222 that would change the hunter orange requirement to include only one article of clothing (hat, vest, shirt) instead of the current 400 square inches requirement.

It should mirror wyomings law on orange. It’s a good idea for hunters to be wearing some kind of orange. I think the 400” to satisfy Utahs requirement is a little much.

Side note: I’ve never seen so many hunters throughout different rifle hunt types completely ignoring the hunter orange laws as I have this year. Pretty amazing honestly. I saw people almost every day I was out on the weekends packing rifles, head to toe in camo, not an ounce of orange to be seen anywhere on them.

On Alot Of The LE Elk Rifle Hunts I Rarely See Any Of Them Wearing Any Orange!

If You Didn't Know Better You'd Think It Was Archery/MUZZ Season Going On!

It Doesn't Really Bother A Guy Too Much Until You Hear Some DRAT Say:

I Thought I Seen Movement So I Cracked One Off!

The One That Sticks Out In My Mind Is This One:

When They Let Hunters Start Shooting Cow Elk On The General MUZZ Deer Hunt!

I Seen A Guy & His Wife/Girlfriend/Daughter Up On The Hillside & She Was Staying A Ways Back Behind Him & She Had A Full Body Cow Elk Silhouette She Was Concealing Herself With!

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!

Just When You Think You've Seen It All A DRAT Will Prove You Wrong Again!

That Deal Still Bothers Me!

On Alot Of The LE Elk Rifle Hunts I Rarely See Any Of Them Wearing Any Orange!

If You Didn't Know Better You'd Think It Was Archery/MUZZ Season Going On!

It Doesn't Really Bother A Guy Too Much Until You Hear Some DRAT Say:

I Thought I Seen Movement So I Cracked One Off!

The One That Sticks Out In My Mind Is This One:

When They Let Hunters Start Shooting Cow Elk On The General MUZZ Deer Hunt!

I Seen A Guy & His Wife/Girlfriend/Daughter Up On The Hillside & She Was Staying A Ways Back Behind Him & She Had A Full Body Cow Elk Silhouette She Was Concealing Herself With!

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!

Just When You Think You've Seen It All A DRAT Will Prove You Wrong Again!

That Deal Still Bothers Me!
Life insurance

I've decided I'm not a fan of Rep. Chew. He just introduced a substitute bill for the hunter orange requirement which would keep the 400 square inch requirement (it hasn't been adopted yet). As I recall, he was also the one that introduced the ill-advised bill in support of the Diamond Mountain landowners last year. Two thumbs down for me.

What a dingleberry. He proposes going from being moderately less restrictive in the original bill to much more restrictive than current law in his substitute.

Maybe bessy can lead a committee? This type of thing is right up his alley on what he thinks will save the mule deer. What you wear definitely impacts herd biology in his mind.

Hey Nillert!

I Don't Care What You Wear!

I Don't Wanna See Your Kuiu Camo Loin Cloth!

But If You Wanna Wear It,Get It Done & Quit Whining About A PUMPKIN Suit!

What a dingleberry. He proposes going from being moderately less restrictive in the original bill to much more restrictive than current law in his substitute.

Maybe bessy can lead a committee? This type of thing is right up his alley on what he thinks will save the mule deer. What you wear definitely impacts herd biology in his mind.

This type of thing is right up his alley on what he thinks will save the mule deer. What you wear definitely impacts herd biology in his mind.
I dunno man, all the best dirt nap dealers in the state have kuiu or Sitka on head, to toe. I don’t think it’s coincidence! Deer don’t stand a chance when you put that stuff on and hit the hills.

I dunno man, all the best dirt nap dealers in the state have kuiu or Sitka on head, to toe. I don’t think it’s coincidence! Deer don’t stand a chance when you put that stuff on and hit the hills.

I know wearing Simms waders increases catch rate in fish 27.3% all by itself. Scientifically proven!

I had a theory about Kuiu doing the same, but if that’s the case, I’d hate to see what my successes rate is not wearing it. :ROFLMAO:

I've decided I'm not a fan of Rep. Chew. He just introduced a substitute bill for the hunter orange requirement which would keep the 400 square inch requirement (it hasn't been adopted yet). As I recall, he was also the one that introduced the ill-advised bill in support of the Diamond Mountain landowners last year. Two thumbs down for me.
And, he just voted against the resolution to bring major league baseball to Utah. I mean, really, how lame can you be?

Q. With the millions or billions of surplus revenue, has anyone in the legislature ever considered reducing a gas tax or property tax at the state or local level?

A. Heck no!!! They never met a gas tax or property tax they didn’t like. I have never heard it even discussed. Instead they save me $5 in income taxes and claim to be generous with tax cuts.

Joe Wants Your Vote!

Gas Prices Going Down & There Ain't Another Reason Why!

Of Course This Is After He Bent Us All Over For Several Years!

Q. With the millions or billions of surplus revenue, has anyone in the legislature ever considered reducing a gas tax or property tax at the state or local level?

A. Heck no!!! They never met a gas tax or property tax they didn’t like. I have never heard it even discussed. Instead they save me $5 in income taxes and claim to be generous with tax cuts.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom