Utah Moose?

captain68

OK, so I have a question. I am a Utah resident that has already drawn a moose tag. Since moose is considered a "once-in-a-lifetime" tag, I have not been puting in for the sportsmans moose tag, or any of the moose tags at the EXPO. However, I have recently been told that I could still possibly draw these moose tags, and should start puting in for them. I know I would have better chances of winning the lottery than drawing any of these tags, but was just curious as to if I should include moose in my applications this year?

If I were YOU, I would NOT put in. Even though I believe you can, I still would not. WHY you might ask? I will tell you why. I WANT MY ODDS BETTER. Lol. And if 1 less person puts in, it makes my odds .001 % better. So save your $$$.

Yes, you can apply for those tags even if you have already drawn your once in a lifetime.

Weird to think it's considered ONCE IN A LIFETIME, unless you have money to buy a tag, or can draw an expo tag or sportsmans tag, which are about making/rasing money as well.

Most people don't realize how many raffles there are in most states and the average joe can win,I won the DU moose raffle in CO last year with 100.00 worth of tickets

In the 2011 Utah Big Game Application Guidebook, on page 23 SPORTSMAN PERMIT DRAWING FOR 2012, under "Waiting Periods" second paragraph, it says:

"You MAY NOT apply for a sportsman bison, bull moose, desert bighorn sheep, Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep or Rocky Mountain Goat permit if you have already used your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for that species. If you draw a sportsman permit for a once-in-a-lifetime permit species, you will be given a lifetime waiting periot for that species."

I'm sure they would love for you to apply and donate your money, but I'll bet you wouldn't be issued a permit if you are lucky enough to draw.

the expo tags are do not/are not affected by your drawing a OIL tag through the Utah drawing system.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Someone needs to show where it says that "ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME" means more than once.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-11 AT 11:59AM (MST)[p]So, If I wanted to I could go to a fundraising dinner, purchase a limited entery moose tag, and harvest another moose in Utah?

I think you could draw it, but I'm sure you would run into problems when attempt to get the tag from the DWR. Not sure, but I'm thinking you couldn't hunt a second moose in utah through the DWR

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom