Utah move?

Brazos1

Hello all,
Been a long time reader and second time post. First post went unanswered so I'll try this one. I'm retired 51 year old that has to move to higher climate for the wife's health. Anyways we both love Utah and I'd especially like to move close to the Henry's to watch the deer throughout the year. So a couple of questions, how is the area around Hanksville or Boulder? They seem to be the nearest towns. I plan on making a trip up there in January to see for myself. Secondly, can non res points be transferred as resident points. I have around 14-15. I know the Henry's are still a slim to none chance but what the hey I can dream. Sure don't like the things I read about the DWR & SWF in Utah. Glad we kept them out of Az. We do like the Fredonia area as she spent ten days with me on the late 12B hunt this past November so I can still stay in Az. I'm a DYI hunter and didn't get the buck of my dreams on the hunt so settled for a nice 4 point on the last day. Long winded post. Would appreciate any insight about these questions. Thx.
Trace

Yes points can be transferred. I personally like the Boulder area more than Hanksville but that's just me. Also as regards to the SFW issue, please email the DWR and a news source, let's get that issue fixed and it will be even better when you get here.

Hanksville...bring your favorite MARTIAN suit. Awesome area for deer and dinosaurs. PM sent.

Thanks for the quick responses. Appreciate it. I should have also commented that I'm pretty computer illiterate. Probably doesn't help I hate the things so I see some PMs were sent. I can't for the life of me find where they are. Any directions. Can't find those either. Doesn't help trying to do this from a phone either. Thx again guys.
Trace

The last time I was in Hanksville was 1995. Unless it has changed, blink and you'll miss it. There's really nothing there. The only place I've been to that was less desirable was Lubbock Tx. The part of that town I was in was a real hole.

Richfield is somewhat close. Most of the little towns around the Henry's are really small. Richfield is pretty small if you ask me. But at least they have a Wal Mart. If you move to Loa or any of the small towns around there you will be going to Richfield any way. Just a thought for you.

>Thanks for the quick responses. Appreciate
>it. I should have also
>commented that I'm pretty computer
>illiterate. Probably doesn't help I
>hate the things so I
>see some PMs were sent.
>I can't for the life
>of me find where they
>are. Any directions. Can't find
>those either. Doesn't help trying
>to do this from a
>phone either. Thx again guys.
>
>Trace

When you get on the Forums just look to the far right toward the top and click on "Inbox" and you'll see the individual PMs you can click on to read and respond if you want to.

Thanks again to all. I did respond to the PM's. However something strange is showing on this thread. YBO and Muley 73 say they sent PM's. I can see Muley 73's (I did respond M73) and another from 2Lumpy, also responded. What's strange is I don't see YBO's in my PM's and I don't see where 2Lumpy responded on this thread that he did send one???? Am I going bonkers or what seems to be the problem? Lastly what's the etiquette regarding using people's real name as opposed to their MM handle? I personally don't care either way. Just curious.
Trace

You can send or receive PM's with or without posting in the forums. Some post that they sent one just so you know to check. There is no etiquette, call people what you want.

We are all stocked up. Try Colorado. They have legal weed. Good for glaucoma.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Well 1911 there'll be two less in Az so you can come take my place. Used to have a place in Colorado and was my first choice. It's because of the pot and how liberal colorado's become is why I'm not going to go there. At least Utah seems to be staying conservative. Besides I can still see good.

The little town of Boulder is getting pretty liberal. I wouldn't be surprised if they are not still growing weed on the outskirts.

Friend of mine moved to Utah. We have spent a lot of time there and I really like it, but friend complains things are really clickish if you are not a member of the dominant local religion.

If you move to Hanksville you best bring or get you a bass boat Powell is only an hour away and a great place to spend your springs bass fishing!

Just had to sell my Champion. But will have one again soon. Didn't mention it but Powell is the other reason I want to be in that area. Fished it many times. Was even contemplating liquidating everything and live on a houseboat for a year or two. Love that lake.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom