Utah Non-Resident Hunter Education / Over the Counter Tags

EROCK1313

I am hoping someone can help clarify for me...

My Brother-In-Law is looking to learn Hunting, but is from out of state; so he is wanting to be with family here in Utah. My questions are:

[font color=red]- As a Non-Resident, is **Utah** Hunter Education required for him to hunt Big Game...All I can find is that if he "Becomes" a Resident, then his Hunter's Ed from his previous state would need to be turned into a Utah Blue Card? I also find that he needs a Utah Hunting License...but is this in lieu of the Utah hunter's Ed?

- Is the "Utah Trial Hunting Program" a way around having to have the Utah Hunters Ed, even for Non-Residents? Again, it does not clearly state anything regarding Non-Residents and this Program?

- Are Over the Counter Tags (Such as Archery Elk, General Season Spike) available to the Non-Resident?[/font]

I apologize if the info is somewhere in the Proclamations and I missed it, but I just could not find definitive answers and since I am a Resident, I have never really had to deal with this.

Thanks for Assistance, whomever can help!

?-ERock-> ?

Should not be a problem. Utah hunters education is good in other states. If anything he needs his hunter education number from his state and take it to a DWR office and they will help him.

Thanks Guys!! Not sure how I missed the verbiage regarding Non-Res and the Utah Trial Hunting Program.

So am I correct in assuming that if a tag is offered "Over-the-Counter'" Non-Res can buy those as well?

?-ERock-> ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom