Utah WB working meeting 4/11

elkantlers

Long Time Member
Anyone watch this? There was a lot of good info. They talked about some of the recent bills that passed and only chuckled when mentioning HB469. SMH
They discussed some concerns with committees. I was glad to see them acknowledge that the current way committees are formed and functioning needs to be looked at and addressed. Most of these committees have the same old faces which is a way that certain groups can push their agenda.
Then, Wade H said the quiet part out load and basically said that the Committees are just a formality, and that the WB should do whatever they want because they are the experts and are appointed by the Governor. The more he talks, the more I realize he is there for his own agenda.

He correctly stated that the committees and RACs play an important role in researching ideas, gathering public input and making recommendations to help the board make informed decisions. After listening to all of that input (which is most often not a consensus, I might add), it is the board's responsibility to vote and make final decisions.

I believe our current board is doing a fantastic job at listening to all of the stakeholders and making difficult decisions. I have agreed with 90% of their decisions over the past several years and think they're doing great. Thank you so much!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom