Utah's Favortie Congressman at work

>Yikes. There's no argument, Republicans are
>the true anti-hunting party.
>
>Grizzly

...and the democrats are all pro hunting? You're kidding, right? Ask a few of them and all their supporters who are marching.

I still don't trust either side of the isle much nowadays.
Zeke

Zeke, there is no threat of Democrats successfully taking hunting in Utah or at a National level in the foreseeable future.

However, Republicans have made the disposal of public property literally a written part of their platform and hold the political offices to accomplish it.

Let's not look only at the intent... lets look at the actual danger. The danger is coming solely from the Republican side of the aisle and as long as hunters keep reelecting Republicans then the politicians have no incentive to change.

Grizzly

Zeke,

I don't trust anyone in politics. However I particularly don't trust one who does things like this. So since Chaffetz won the election and wants to sell these lands and he has put this same bill forward twice wouldn't it be correct to call him out on it? I don't like Democrats but every time something is said against a Republican's action on a hunting forum the first response is, "well the democrats aren't pro hunting". Well then also lost the last election decisively and aren't in charge of any branch of our government.

Do you suggest worrying more about a Democrat sneak attack on your public lands or an actually frontal assault from a Republican Congressman?

Nemont

What exactly does "suitable for disposal" mean?
What exact pieces of land are they talking about?

Proud member of the Wolfpack!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-17 AT 06:26PM (MST)[p]Based on what I've observed, here in So. Central Utah, regardless of what anyone including our Republican Representatives may say it means, "suitable for disposal" means any land that anyone will buy at public auction.

I have watched thousands acres of public land sold through public auctions, in the last 25 years. If they can get what the State believes is a far market value for it, they will sell it and they have.

I'm a card carrying Republican, I do not agree with what the State of Utah is proposing to do with our public land, I have told that to Jason Chaffetz and Chris Stewart, to their face, one on one, and in such detail that they know exactly how I feel. They were professional enough to me allow me to express myself but nothing I said made a ounce of difference. They are hard set.

I will not vote Democrat or Independent, the sale of public lands is high on my list of political concerns but other things such as national security, immigration, energy independence, jobs, regulation, health care, gun control, and social security all rank higher than public land issue. Representative Chaffetz and Representative Stewart know that and they are taking advantage of it. I believe their political futures will someday suffer for it. They will, if I have anything to do with it. There are other solutions to the Western State's need for the revenue off these public lands that they are refusing to consider. I hope President Trump will grab them by the nape of the neck and shake some common sense into them.

That said, I will continue to fight to keep the public lands public and fight to keep Multiple Use and resist Federal Government over reach in the use and management of public lands.

Representative Chaffetz will be getting a phone call from me this week, as will as a letter to Speaker Ryan and Senator, Mitch McConnell and Senator Orin Hatch. It's the least I can do.

DC

C

Zeke and NeMont, I'm with you on the trust issue. I've said many times, I'm more pissed off at the "all talk" Republi-can'ts than I am the Demo-ists, because I expect more from them. Too many Republicans are Demo-ists in "Republi-can't clothing.

They've go some work to do if they are going to get guys like me back on board.

DC

Looks like they're gonna make a GRAB on some Montana Land as Well!

[font color="blue"]It Was them Damn Lake Trout that took them Elk
out!:D[/font]

2lumpy, as you list the other political issues which make you say you'll never vote Democrat or Independent, please consider this...

Every item on that list can be undone by a future President or Congress. Trump just undid nearly the entire Obama legacy in 72 hours and the rest can be undone in the next few months.

If public land is sold, it is gone forever. Public land can never be unsold. Of all potential considerations you mention, and others, the only one that will actually harm my day-to-day quality of life is access to public land.

I hope to never point at a mountain peak and tell my grandson about the time that anybody with a pair of boots and a rifle could hunt elk by a mountain stream just over the horizon and leave him longing for a time that he'll never experience.

I will never vote for a pro-land-grab person. This is a "cold dead hands" issue for me and one that leaves no room for negotiation because selling half the land isn't an acceptable compromise.

Grizzly

> Looks like they're gonna make
>a GRAB on some Montana
>Land as Well!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="blue"]It Was them Damn Lake
>Trout that took them Elk
>
>out!:D[/font]
>
>

Elkass

Perhaps if you Utards didn't hate your grand children you wouldn't put these guys in office. I wish they would just sell off Utah's public lands and leave rest of us be. That would be a win-win for everyone. Chaffetz gets his Utah utopia and we get to keep hunting and recreating like we always have.

Utards could the enjoy what their own elected official did to them.

Nemont

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-17 AT 09:20PM (MST)[p]:) That made me smile.

I've lived long enough to have "pointed at a mountain peak", literally and figuratively more times than you can even being to imagine. I has born long enough ago to have lived without electricity, running water, natural gas, or fiberglas insulation, before your parents were in grade school. I've "considered a pretty board spectrum" of issues, including this one.

If this is a "cold dead hands" issue for you.............. how is it you're still with us? You've had numerous opportunities to fall on your sword, over State Land sales, for the last 25 years. No need to answer that, I know your just using it as a figure of speech.

You and are on the same side of this specific public lands issue. It goes to show you that we can disagree on nearly everything else in the world and still work, not together, but work for a common goal, even though we are very ideologically different.

If you're willing to die for the cause, who am I to holler "Whoa, at a horse race! You won't see me standing in the gate.

DC

I don't know if you saw the study, but 92% of all contributions to Utah politicians comes from special interests and only 3% comes from constituents of that particular politician. That's how corrupt these people are.

I can guarantee that when I'm your age, I won't look at all the public land taken from my grandchildren during my lifetime and know that all I did was keep voting for the corrupt politicians who took it.

Grizzly

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-17 AT 11:11PM (MST)[p]Well, if you live long enough and you don't decide to make good on your figure of speech, you'll eventually find yourself between a rock and a hard place, like the rest of us.

If we are going to go down this rabbit hole, let's go ahead and get right after it.

I will never, if you and I and our children and grandchildren never see a flyrod or a kill another mule deer, vote for anyone that will support killing unborn humans.

You can vote for anyone you want to, but I will never vote for anyone that will allow a Democrat to get elected. If that means voting for an independent or anyone else, that will eventually get a Democrat elected.

In our two party system, it's one or the other. You get either a Demo-ist or a Republi-can't.

Never a Demo-ist, as long as they keep their current party platform.

That's a rock and a hard place for me. Abortion or loose ever acre of public land, it's a hard place but I'll vote for the life of your child or anyone elses, over my access, every day, for the rest of my life.

Your day will come Griz, in all due respect, when you will hold your nose and do things you hate, when the alternative is more than you can tolerate.

DC

Everybody has their issue. For some it's guns, others its abortion, immigration, taxes, gay marriage, etc...

And that's okay.

But I've made my position clear and you've made yours. I just happen to feel less inclined to legislate abortion than you are. But I'll respect your opinion.

However, being that this is a hunting website, and a public land thread, and my major issue is protecting public lands for those yet to come... I'll stand proud and never vote for somebody that wants to get rich selling something that doesn't even belong to them and was never theirs to sell in the first place.

Like I've said in the past, I'll always appreciate a respectful difference of opinion. It's been good talking to you.

Grizzly

There are republicans who would fight to protect public lands, I think the last one was Theodore Roosevelt. and it didn't set too well with the republican party back then either.

This last election is proof the unthinkable can happen. every American had better decide what their priorities are and actually research who has those interests at heart before they vote.

For me protection of our public lands is an absolute top priority. my pocket book and screwing over people who aren't the same as me has to come afterwards.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-17 AT 09:09AM (MST)[p]Justmuleys,

Your article is dated in July of 2016. Does Trump still have the same beliefs as he did in November of 2016 let alone last July?

Nemont

Trump doesn't know WTF he wants. but it's crazy to think public lands are high on his priority list.

If public lands could be part of a " fabulous deal " to get something he wanted look out.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-17 AT 03:06PM (MST)[p]Elkass

Perhaps if you Utards didn't hate your grand children you wouldn't put these guys in office. I wish they would just sell off Utah's public lands and leave rest of us be. That would be a win-win for everyone. Chaffetz gets his Utah utopia and we get to keep hunting and recreating like we always have.

Utards could the enjoy what their own elected official did to them.

Nemont

Nemont how does your state members of Congress stand on the public land issue? I recall reading that one of them would support turning over public land to the states.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-17 AT 03:17PM (MST)[p]Which one?

Zinke? Nope he didn't attend the Republican Convention due to the PLT plank being in there.

Daines? Nope he is on record to allow more local voice but is an opponent to PLT

Tester? Nope he has a stated position in not transferring Federal public lands to the States.

Now how does California members of congress stand on gun control?

Nemont

You know the answer to that one. It is one of the reasons I have not voted for a Democrat since Gov. Gray Davis. I also do not trust the Democrats in CA. on the public land issue. Oh they mouth the words of supporting public land, but they would sell it in a minute to frustrate hunters, which they do not like. They would also use the sales to fund their pet welfare projects, but tell us they need to sell it for the kids and schools like they always do.

REH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom