Vacation?

Chesterwyo

Very Active Member
My wife has been houding me to take her on a vacation so we can get out of the cold and just relax for a week or so. Does anyone have any suggestions on places to go. I've been looking into a cruise but I'm not sure if they would be all that fun. I would appreciate any suggestions anybody can give

CHESTER

Last January my wife and I went on our first cruise. We had decided to do this long before and I agreed to go for maybe 5 or 6 days, not sure how well I'd like the ship and cruise deal. Well then Katrina hit which changed our departure city and then some other things happened and the next thing I knew my wife had us booked on a ten day cruise to Jamaica, Panama Canal, Costa Rica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. I was pissed! I just knew I would hate it and be bored for that long. I left Jan 2, 2006 fully expecting, and maybe even hoping, I was going to hate it. Well guess what. I had the most relaxing 10 days in my entire life. We did all kinds of stuff at every stop from horse back riding in the rain forest to swimming with dolphins to drinking fancy drinks on a private island off Cozumel. It was awesome. It really was the trip of a lifetime for us. It felt so good watching my wife have such a great time. It was funny because I expected the days at sea to be boring. I actually couldn't wait for them because we had such a laid back time on those days. We never get to just enjoy ourselves in our every day life.

I will warn you though. It ain't cheap. And it will cost more than the advertised price. And if you don't like to eat and maybe drink you may not like it as much as I did. I ate some fantastic food, all I could eat, and drank plenty (which is a big part of the extra expenses). If you decide to do it, indulge her and go somewhere fun for you both. And warm. When we left it was snowing like hell and around 10 degrees. It was 85 degrees the entire trip!

Cruises are a blast!!! But if you don't want on the ocean, Ixtapa is pretty nice, great fishing, RTJIII Golf Course. Wife? Last I remembered you were leaving for college in Cheyenne?

WE CRUISE EVERY CHANCE WE GET & LOVE IT, ALL SORTS OF NEAT PLACES WORLDWIDE TO SEE. ITS THE BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. HOWEVER A FLIGHT TO CANCUN IN JUNE IS GOING TO HAPPEN FIRST, GOING FISHIN ON THAT ONE. BETWEEN WATER SPORTS,FISHING,BABE WATCHING, DRINKIN & EATING, EXPLORING, YOU CANT GO WRONG. HAPPY VACATIONING....YD.

Thanks everybody. FTW I've been married for almost 2 years now, and have 2 kids. Seems like it's been 3 or 4 years since I've talked to you. Do you ever go back to Afton to go deer hunting?

2 years? WTF? I had to wait until I was married 25 years to go on a cruise! It's alot of fun. I highly recommend it.

Hawaii is nice but fairly spendy. The beaches of Mexico can't be beaten. Pretty much anywhere in the Caribbean is nice. My wife and I are heading to the US Virgin Islands this year.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

For me a wintertrip is hands down New Zealand. Mountains, beaches, fishing, hunting, and the friendliest people i've ever met. To enjoy it your Wife must be outdoor oriented.

Forgot to add the funn of scary yourself silly everytime you forget which side of the road you are supposed to be driving on. Turn the windshield wipers on and the turn singles go on for some reason.

Beanman

Hey There,
I've never been on a cruise before, but some of the guys I work with went on the same kinda cruise NVbighorn did it sounds like. They went to to Jamai, cayman, cozumel same kinda places and they don't seem like the cruisen type but they said it awsome.
My wife and I went to Cobo San Lucas with my brother inlaw and his wife. That was an awsome trip. Just hang out on different beaches every day, snorkeling, swimming, and some very awsome fishing. My wife and I went fishing and caught 5 foot long Mahi Mahi. It was awsome. I would suggest going there if you don't want a cruise. The food is also awsome.

Cancun is great. Im going again in April. If you decide to go there, send me a pm and I can give you some ideas on fun things to do there.

I have been on many cruises. During our winter you need to head to the carribean or southern hemisphere. If you do the carribean thing you might want to go through the Panama Canal. If you want to go further south, try South America or New Zealand/Australia. I have found cruises are a great way to relax and see many areas.

Haven't been on a cruise yet but my wife and I are leaving in 2 weeks for another week of sun and margaritas in Cabo. Love it down there. I took her to Puerto Vallarta this last Summer and had a good time too but I would recommend Cabo over PV.

Jaxon

My wife and I have made an annual trip to Cabo for the last 5 years. We always book an all inclusive trip through my corporate travel agent. Cabo is one of the most relaxing places in Mexico I have ever been. I prefer staying on the Sea of Cortez side rather then the Pacific side but anywhere in Cabo is okay.

The night life is great, you can find good restruants and the fishing is always good.

The other place I really like is the Half Moon Bay resort in Jamaica but it is a full day of travel down there if you are flying out of Montana. Going to Cabo it is only 5 hours of travel.

Nemont

ONE word MAUI
Been there three times, been to Mexico three times, MAUI do what is right you wife will love yea.

We just back frm ourf first cruise at the end of January, we went on celebrity cruises. It was a good time, but if you don't like to eat and lounge around don't do it. I think next time I'd go to New Zealand, my brother in law did his mission for our church there and totally loved it.

we did the alaskan cruise thing a couple years ago. we had a great time. it was pricey, as mentioned above the food and drink was the biggest part of the bill, but you could eat at the buffet thing all you could eat which was included in the price. like i said we did the alaska cruise. i really enjoyed the time we were on land. we took a helicopter ride and landed on the mendenhal glacier in juneau and hiked around for a couple hours, we drove from skagway up into the yukon and road horses, etc. but the weather was crappy and i was starting to feel very confined on the ship. that would be the only issue i had. may not have been an issue if we were cruising somewhere warm and sunny.
just my .02

Sonora can be warm in January! Oh, the bucks are rutting also. Not to mention your close to the ocean. Sounds like a PERFECT destination for you

Drum

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom