Valle Vidal Weekend Observation

Empty Nester

Spent the Memorial Day weekend scouting the Valle Vidal. Here are some early observations from the weekend:

1. The entire unit is green with good grass starting to grow

2. Rained all 3 days we were there....final night rained hard all night

3. Cows look big and healthy. Trying to lose their winter coat. No calves were seen

4. 4 bulls spotted. 1 with significant growth the other 3 were barely starting development

5. Potential for good horn growth as long as the summer isn’t brutal

6. Road work had been performed on 1950 west end. Unfortunately it won’t be long before the washboard road returns.

7. Snow still present in the highest peaks

8. Creeks are running with lots of water. Every dirt tank we saw was full.

I’ll report back after our June trip

Empty Nester

Only the West side is closed until July 1(from Clayton Corrales to the west). Still can drive the main road.

Clayton Corrales to the east entrance is open for any activity.

So yes I drove the west and walked the east

correct only the west is closed and cimmaron campground should be open , usually opens in April, as i belive you can turkey hunt the east side with proper permits. Many dont know this so ...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom