Valles Calderas Raffle

GOutes

Have any of you put in for this raffle and actually won? I heard the odds are ridiculous. Also curious how the overall experience was.....

Not sure what the odds are with the new format. It is worth buying a ticket just for the chance though.

Not sure what the odds are with the new format. It is worth buying a ticket just for the chance though.

The experience is as good as it gets, if you are not worried about killing a 400" bull. Lots of mature bulls.

I was talking to the Caldera guys at the G&F outdoor show and they are thinking this will be the last year of the raffle. They are still planning on hunting, but they don't think it will be the raffle next year. So I better purchase my ticket. When is the deadline to purchase a raffle ticket?

Cow tag draw success rate in 2014 was between 2.5% and 33%.
Bull tag draw success rate was between 0.8% and 1.9%.
(Totals, not split for R/NR)

When the odds and cost are combined, a bull tag brought in between $1300 and $3105, so it looks like a good deal compared to buying a land-owner authorization at a similar "ranch".

*Give a man a little luck and anything will do for brains (Albert Soady).

Last year I bought three raffle tickets for the first time and boom draw a ML bull tag and it was worth it. I already got my tickets for this year, I AM hoping lighting hits twice. My Bull scored 350 and to date is my biggest Bull yet and more then likely stay that way. A hunt of a life time for sure.
5598dscn2480.jpg

2044dscn2459.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom