Video and self publicizing a violation?

elks96

Long Time Member
Haha. Laughed at this video… Guy talks too much and is kind of annoying. But I find it funny that he would video and publish a video of his kid violating the law and the guide was also complacent in the violation.

Utah hunt requires hunter orange. This would be a violation? They were near Vernal…

I know it is just the orange, but it is still a violation…

Yeah this was a real gem...
1. Guy wanted to show the effectiveness of 7 PRC long range on an elk.... needs a follow up shot....
2. Said they were there to kill a 5 point... bull was a nice 6.....

If they was hunting on a CWMU then hunter orange is not required. Looks like the bookcliffs or maybe around 9 mile/Indian canyon area, I looked up that Kolob outfitters and didn't see any cow hunts listed. So really not sure where they was hunting.

That cow sure looked to be packing that back left leg a little as she left the spot. May have just grazed it or shot through and low. May not kill her but I think he definitely hit it.

If they was hunting on a CWMU then hunter orange is not required. Looks like the bookcliffs or maybe around 9 mile/Indian canyon area, I looked up that Kolob outfitters and didn't see any cow hunts listed. So really not sure where they was hunting.

That cow sure looked to be packing that back left leg a little as she left the spot. May have just grazed it or shot through and low. May not kill her but I think he definitely hit it.

Rear left quarter angling up and out high abdomen on the right side. Elk don't look back if one ain't lingering because it's hurt.

They barged up the hillside and the cow walked off before they got there. A high shot may not necessarily bleed...

Orange is required on private/CWMU… unfortunately I found out the hard way…

Colorado Wardens Look For Orange!

Got Pulled Over By A Colorado Warden a few years ago!

Must Have Seen My DRATville Plates?

Asks If I'm Hunting?

I Said:HELL No!

You Want SS's Phone Number To Verify That I'm Not Hunting?

(RAZZIN ON THAT!)

Anyway,He Says:Where's Your Orange?

I Said In The Back Seat!

He Says,You Better Be Able Top Reach It!

I Reach Back & Grab an Orange Jacket!

Then I Ask Him,How's That?

Then He Says:If I Catch You Out Of This Rig With No Orange On I'm Gonna Write Your Ass Up!

I Said That's a Deal!

He Acted Like I Should Put My Orange On Before Getting Out Of My Truck!

WAFP!

You Guys That Worry About Orange Need To Hunt LE Elk Units Here in DRATville!

The Least Amount Of Orange You'll Ever See on a Hunt!

Orange is required on private/CWMU… unfortunately I found out the hard way…
It is not required on CWMU units.

7F56D5C0-F2CE-4843-BD76-984B80AD7457.jpeg

I drove up on a roadblock here on a gravel FS road and had to talk my way out of a round in the chamber.

They had another roadblock a couple years ago at the intersection of a main FS road and the gravel county road. 9 LEO vehicles including state patrol. Checking EVERYTHING including trailer lights and registration. There were probably 10 hunters rigs in various states of unloading.

CO is serious about that stuff. I don’t know why anyone comes here. ;)

Asks If I'm Hunting?

(RAZZIN ON THAT!)

I Said In The Back Seat!

Then He Says:If I Catch You Out Of This Rig With No Orange On I'm Gonna Write Your Ass Up!

I Said That's a Deal!

WAFP!

They don't F around in Colorado, I got lucky and had one that was feeling generous I guess, I had an orange hat on that had a black front part with an orange logo on it, He told me that was a violation and that I needed to change my Hat, luckily, I had another on hand in my truck that was legal.

In Colorado this week, FS Johnny Law came up to our camp and asked if we had an ATV, wanted to check for our Colorado registration. Nope, and he headed out.

Seen him later that day with a hunter on an ATV with a soft case. Hunter looked...a little downtrodden.

Asks If I'm Hunting?

(RAZZIN ON THAT!)

I Said In The Back Seat!

I Said That's a Deal!

WAFP!

That's a load of crap. You're not hunting unless you're out of your vehicle as far as they are concerned doesn't matter where your orange is or if you can reach it. That's just some chest thumping bs

You could also argue it as to the point where your not hunting till you're shooting at an animal if you wanted to but that's a little ridiculous but you could. Just hiking till that point.

I stand corrected, either I got hosed or that’s new since 2020… My son and I received tickets for no orange on a CWMU hunting cow elk in 2020…
Thanks CF

As the rule states, the CWMU could require it and it would subject you to the rule. I’m guessing that was the case. Was the officer on the CWMU when he cited you? If so, the CWMU operator may have called you in.

As the rule states, the CWMU could require it and it would subject you to the rule. I’m guessing that was the case. Was the officer on the CWMU when he cited you? If so, the CWMU operator may have called you in.
Nope, I was with the operator at the time who also is my good friend… We came out of the gates with 3 cows in tow behind our snowmobiles and he was waiting at my truck…

Yeah this was a real gem...
1. Guy wanted to show the effectiveness of 7 PRC long range on an elk.... needs a follow up shot....
2. Said they were there to kill a 5 point... bull was a nice 6.....
I think you're talking about that Fierce video. that was a "GEM" too. ;)

Might Be A Load Of Crap & I Agree With You!

But It Happened & I'll Never Forget It!

I Coulda Told Him To F-Off!

But I Was Nice & Didn't!

There's No Doubt He Was Trying To Shine His Badge!

I Still Think My DRATville Plates Mighta Fired Him Up!

I Was Kinda Like LaVoy!

I Made The Reach!:D

That's a load of crap. You're not hunting unless you're out of your vehicle as far as they are concerned doesn't matter where your orange is or if you can reach it. That's just some chest thumping bs

Dragging Elk With a Sled Huh?:D

That Might Be Another Violation!:D

Nope, I was with the operator at the time who also is my good friend… We came out of the gates with 3 cows in tow behind our snowmobiles and he was waiting at my truck…

Might Be A Load Of Crap & I Agree With You!

But It Happened & I'll Never Forget It!

I Coulda Told Him To F-Off!

But I Was Nice & Didn't!

There's No Doubt He Was Trying To Shine His Badge!

I Still Think My DRATville Plates Mighta Fired Him Up!

I Was Kinda Like LaVoy!

I Made The Reach!:D
Just call me and we can take my Kali- rado truck with the right plates ???

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom