Volunteer...

toolmann

Looking for a good organization for my son and I to donate some time. A hunting organization focusing on Colorado's big game species would be preferred. If any of you fellow hunters are involved, or know of any contacts, I'd appreciate it. Feel free to PM or email me.

Thanks,

TM

Rmef if you can get past the local chapter bs clique junk. Not sure about the mule deer association but am going to check them out this spring Like rmef on the national level but local chapters seem so stuck on themselves and it begins to be less about elk and more about the chapter chairmen yada yada and it's the same old crap auctioned every year fewer guns every year and mor crap . There are old fences t remove etc..

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-13 AT 05:47AM (MST)[p]So have you volunteered on the local RMEF level youself to make it better? Our local "bs clique" group would welcome fresh faces and ideas. As a local committe member for the last 8 years, it is not easy to keep it fresh and exciting when only the same guys every year put forth the effort, and it is a lot of effort.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Yes tex I am a life member and yes a committee member just gets old when it's the same old tiring bull crap every year and the chair does not want to change . Went from 400 plus at the banker to less than half . The people want hunts to be available yet we turn that down . Same old painting after painting same crap for ten years many who buy at auction sa I have enough paintings and sculpures. Need to get out and gift cards to spas etc but again committe says naw not what we want. People have become bored with it . They want to see where the money goes but they can figure out it goes buy more junk from the same od catalog .
We need to get folks out in the field . Cow hunts at auction have been big hits on the local level as well as whitetail hunts but nope not what we want. Ranches donate these so the chapter gets all proceeds. I have sold thousands of raffle tickets so yes I am involved but am ready to see along with others what the mule deer thing is about . Maybe it's the same old same old too .

We rotate chairs every two years but we still have trouble recruiting volunteers. And we will take any hunts offered that your chapter turns down! We are currently trying to trade a hog hunt for an elk hunt and this year are offering a pheasant hunt as well. We always try and have plenty of hunts and guns. That is what we make the most on.

txhunter58

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-13 AT 05:37AM (MST)[p]>txhunter
>
>where/when is your banquet?

March 9th, Fredericksburg, TX

I sent you a PM

txhunter58

toolmann,

I know you are looking more towards the Big game side of volunteers but I thought I would throw out another options.

I got involved with Pheasants Forever in northern Colorado about three years ago. Pheasants Forever is drastically different by one standard. We ( each chapter ) decide where and how our proceeds are spent and what projects we do. The only coin national gets is the memberships. All donations, banquet proceeds stay in state to our projects.

Northern Colorado Chapter does a lot for youth involvement with youth hunts, outdoor activities, shooting, camping and tune camps. We also put on several hunts and shoots for women. Our goal is to leave no child indoors. We do work on habitat projects as well which benefit the deer just as much as the birds out east.

We are having our yearly banquet this Saturday in downtown Loveland if your interested.

Take a look at our web site or hit me up for more info. www.nocopf.com

Brett

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom