Vortex viper HD'S or talon's HD'S

tyef350

what is the difference between the Viper HD's 10x42 and the Talon HD's 10x42 ???? I bought the talons but was wondering if i should take them back and get the viper's but they seem the same except the size and price. They are a ton better then what i had. Thanks for any help guys good luck on the hunt's this year.

The Talons are made in China
The Vipers are made in Japan.

Build quality favors the Viper.
The Talons have a wider FOV and are basically a Zen Ray ED2, also sold as the eagle optics ranger ED.

If you go the route of the Talons you should seriously consider a Zen Ray ED3 as its an improved ED2.

You should also be considering the Zen Ray Prime in this price range.

During the mid day you won't notice a big difference. Now early morning and looking into shadows and shaded areas, the vipers are a little better. But not by much. Your looking at a couple mins more glassing a day, and a little better definition. But if your happy stick with what you have! Just remember this questions going to nag at you for a long time, so you might want to think about upgrading.

Good luck this year!

I just call em as I see em!

Thanks man I might head in to sportsman's and switch them. Both are a lot better then my old 50.00 bushnell's 10x50 not bad for 50 bucks. The vipers are like heaven so clear wish i had the funds for swaro's, but that's not going to happen want a crew cab polaris ranger haha. 2,500 would be a good down payment.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom