Vortex Viper vs. Vortex Razor

Trophy_Taker

Obviously the design is different but concerning optical performance is there any difference? It appears that they have the same glass and coatings. By paying the $250 increase are you getting any better binoculars?
For those of you that have purchased one of these two binoculars what swayed you one way or the other?

I planned on buying a pair of Razors until I looked through the Vipers. I have glassed a lot with both models this past year and I think the Vipers are every bit as good as the Razors optically, if not better. The main reason I bought the Vipers was because they are lighter than the Razors and fit in my hands better.

Trophy_Taker,

I currently use the Razors and love them. I like the adjustable eyecups and they also come with winged eyecups when glassing toward the sun to help shade the sunwash. The look and feel also suit my preference... My wife currently owns and uses the Vipers and I like those also. The glass is the same high quality (ED Glass(High Def)) that you get with the razors. They cost a little less and they have a great compact feel and as Torch mentioned, they are lighter weight. They both come with the receiver for a Tripod Adapter.

Can't go wrong with either one.

CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - VIP Optics

I had this same question and my research led me to the Vipers. I purchased the 10x50 Vortex Vipers and a Nomad spotting scope. My wife just called and told me that they were delivered today. I will give you a full report after I have had a chance to brake them in.

Hawkeye

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom