Vortex vs Nikon

krazy

I have followed MM for a long time, but just decided I ought to get an account and get some more advice from all of you experts.

I am looking to buy a new scope for my 300 WSM. I am trying to decide between a Nikon Buckmaster and a Vortex Diamondback. I have used a Nikon before, but I have never used a Vortex product. I have read a lot of good about Vortex, but I was wondering if anyone has used them both side by side, and could help me to know how they compare.
For the price, I feel like Vortex is the way to go, but I want to be sure. (Even though I have a small budget, it is still money I don't want to waste or regret spending).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also looking at a Bushnell Elite 1500 ARC. What are your expert opinions on that unit? Some have said they love it, others say they can't get anything farther that 400 yards. Again, any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I have got the 4x12 Diamondback with the B&C Reticle. Seems to be a pretty good scope for the money. The image is crisp and clear. Have not used the Nikon.

I have a Nikon Buckmaster with the BDC reticle that I won at a FNAWS banquet in March. I don't need a scope right now. It is still in the box if you are interested. PM me if you are

I have had a Nikon Buckmaster 3X9 on my Win. 270 now for about 10 years. For the most part it has treated me well. Two years ago while elk hunting I had a small bull along with several cows about 200 yards away from me. When I brought my gun up to squeaze off a shot my scope was so fogged up I could to clearly identify where the bull was. Needless to say I went home with tag soup that year. I sent the scope back in for repairs, Nikon fixed it in a timely manner and informed me that a seal had went out on me. Since that time I have not had anymore problems with the scope but I am always wondering when it's going to fail on me next. Not trying to talk you out of buying the Nikon scope, they are a good scope. If you can dig a little deeper into the pocket book I think that you might be money ahead in the long run by puchasing a little better scope (Leupold).

400bull

Thanks for the info everyone. I am going to hold off for a while and try to save up some $$.

I did, however, splurge and buy a Bushnell Eline 1500 Rangefinder. With my Cabela's cash, giftcards, and the special, I didn't think I could pass it up. I have tested it out around the neighborhood so far, but not in the field. I picked up a cat at about 200 yards, and a tree at 1400+. I have been impressed so far!

Thanks everyone for the help!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom