Vouchers/Big Bucks/ Private Land?

K

ktc

Hey guys,

I have 0 deer points. So I am in a bind. I want a good deer hunt in Colorado, so I am buying a voucher. I know some of you hate the voucher system, but if I do not buy one, someone else will.

Do any of you have connections to vouchers or private land owners? I would like to form a good relationship with a landowner. We need 4 vouchers, we hunt by horse back, no wheeler problems, I put the value of equipment and livestock over that of a deer, I know how to shut a gate, and fix a problem if I see it. I will treat your property better than my own. I would like to be in big buck country like the Basin, and/or on some good private ground that holds some big bucks. I also know it is early, but I like to plan.

I am partial to second season also, but would hunt the third. I know the voucher deal can be messy, that is why I would like to deal with a land owner one-on-one. Oh, I am not rich so the vouchers would have to be reasonably priced, not dirt cheap, but reasonable for the hunt and area the voucher is good for?

Anyone get vouchers who wants to deal? Maybe you do not get vouchers, but have the acreage to get some and make some money? Please PM me and we can talk? Like I said, we could really use 4, but anything less we can talk and work something out.

Please, this is about me and my party finding vouchers, not a debate on the good and bad of the system!

You can also contact me as I am one of the party above.We are trying to make plans for 2008.
Thanks,
WARBIRDUM

try www.huntinfool.com

You have to subscribe to their services ($100 per year), but they will have good tags available this spring. I subscribed and it paid off this past year. Also, there will be people on this website that will have tags for sale and will list on this site; they will be under the classified ads section. Let me know if you have any questions.

Keep checking Nickads.com around late summer/early fall. There is a Hunting section under "Merchandise" that has vouchers every year for some decent units. The better known ones go fast and at a premium, but there are some sleepers that pop up for decent $$.

Thanks guys. I am a memeber of HF, but never heard of those Nick Ads.

Thanks! That helps. Any Landowners?

KTC,

From my experience in trying to find vouchers few people qualify for that many, especially in the basin. I know a landowner for example got 1 muzzy, 1 archery, 6 seconds and 4 thirds in one season. However Garth went to the assessors office in the county and found out who was eligible for landowner vouchers and sent them a letter advising they would apply for them, sell them and then give them there money. That same landowner the next year got 1 third and 4 seconds and has the largest chunk of private land in the unit, this is about 1/2 of what he normally received prior to the letters. I am not sure how it all works in the draws for landowners but I know that anyone that qualifies seems to be applying. Unfortunately from what I have found if you want that many in a quality unit you have to get with a broker.

Good luck on your quest

Rich

Lost,

In Colorado, Garth or no Garth, you can't buy a tag from a broker, legally that is. And there are a lot of people looking to nail one who does. There, I used a nice word for a ...broker.

Beanman

If you read the Colorado Regs, you have to purchase the voucher from the landowner. Not from a broker or outfitter, if you purchase the voucher from anyone other than the landowner it is voided!

I know a few landowners that get vouchers here in SW Colorado. I will asked them if I can give you their contact information.

Horn
www.huntquest.net

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-08 AT 09:36AM (MST)[p]Thanks Lost. I appreciate your efforts.

Bean, I know What the rules are. If someone else does not, please start a thread on the do's and don'ts of voucher buying.

I was hoping to hunt Colorado and the vouchers are the only way. I know how it works and I am not going to cheat.

horn, I also would be excited to hear what your contacts say. I do not have to be in the Basin, I would like to, but do not need to be there. I know the voucher gives you rights to hunt the private for which the voucher is allocated. I can hunt about any unit as long as the private is good?

Hell, I would even go to the Easten Plains if needed? I really like the idea of knowing the landowner so he knows what he is getting also. Some hunters just don't get it when it comes to respecting people's property and belongings. I do because I have my own livestock and property.

>I was hoping to hunt Colorado
>and the vouchers are the
>only way. I know how
>it works and I am
>not going to cheat.

Not true. Thousands of buck licenses went unsold this year in areas with ample public lands to hunt. Many more thousands went to people with zero points in the draw. The only reason to buy a voucher is if you wish to skip the process of accumulating enough points to draw the unit you want to hunt.

CO,

You are exactly right. I do not want the 0 point units for a NR. Also, time is not on my side. I cannot wait for a Colorado tag of my liking.;-)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-08 AT 10:35AM (MST)[p]I only have 1 point for deer and 10 for elk.I would like to build up my points for deer like you said ColoradoOak and some year hunt deer without having to pay the voucher fee and hunt a unit of my choice.This year we just thought we would do some checking around and see if there is any MM members that have any landowner contacts or get landowner vouchers every year, so we could talk directly with them by phone or e-mail. We know all the rules as far as not purchasing permits from anyone except the landowner and his property and unit for which the permit is good for.We are just trying to make plans now any contacts would be appreciated very much.Just PM myself or ktc.
Thanks.

Thanks to those who have responded. Your information is much appreciated. You know who you are.

If any one else has any ideas we are all ears!

Hey Colorado,

We have got some help from some good people. Nothing in concrete yet, so we would still like some feedback. Pm's are the best way. I like staying under the radar for several reasons.

Looking for vouchers reasonably priced in decent areas. Hopefully the winter is getting better for the deer and the feeding efforts are working.

Thanks.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom