Wac'em instead of track'em

fin little

I've got to decide between Stingers and Wac'ems for my elk hunt Now! Its decision time. The Stingers shoot good groups as long as I'm doing my part and they just plain look like big bull medicine.The Wac'ems are the most accurate broadhead I've ever shot. They add 20 yards to my comfortable shooting distance. They almost seem to fly better than my field points. I feel good out to 40 with the 100 grain stingers I feel good out to 60 with the 100 grain Wac'ems. Do you guys with elk experience feel like the Wac'em is big enough for elk? Does it have enough cutting dia. ? I would really like some opinions. Thanks

fin:

BOTH are excellent heads IMO. If you're looking for the BEST penetration, the Stingers are tops by simple design (2 blade). However, the Wac'em design is a cut on contact head as well, just with three blades. I've shot the Magnus heads in years past and absolutely loved them. This year I'm testing the Wac'ems and by all indications will be pleased with their results as well. Good luck and have fun.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Fin,
I like the wac'ems myself. They sure fly good, but the small diameter worries me a little im sure they'll do the job. Take a look at the slick trick, also a small diameter broadhead but this head is a four blade. I shot them with the same results as the wac'ems, hit right with field points no adjusting. this is what i am going to use this year. their small but you get that extra slice and there is good reports on the net on them...

Michael

I have also been shooting the Wac'Ems and they fly great! I really like the fact that the tip and ferrel are one piece. Sure seems like a stout head. The blades will shave but the tip needs a little attention. I shot the Rocket Ultimate Steels for 2 years prior and they worked great too the 100 grains only had a 7/8" cutting diameter and the Wac'Ems have an 1 1/16". I killed an Elk and 2 Muleys with RUS's So the Wac'Ems have a plenty big enough cutting diameter. It's still about shot placement in my book. Come on Aug 30th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a buddy that used Wac'Ems to kill his elk on the wasatch a couple years ago. They sure worked great for him. He shot it through the lungs at about 20 yds and it walked another 20yds, laid down and expired. Like ironhead said, it's really about shot placement so if your more accurate with Wac'Ems I say use them.

Thanks everybody for the help. I'm going with the Wac'ems. There just a little more forgiving if everything isnt perfect . We all know a screaming bull in bow range can play havoc with concentration. Thats why its fun! Thanks

Been a HUGE muzzy fan for years but wanted to see how well these fly. Not that I NEED to change but I wouldn't mind trying them.

Do they hit the same as your field points? I NEVER am this lucky.

Archer

archer:

Best flying replacement blade head I've shot. You'll like the head.

BOHNTR )))---------->

BOHNTR & FIN LITTLE,

DID BOTH OF YOU USE WAC EMS ON YOUR ELK? how was the performace?
nice bulls, good job!

I used the Wac'em on both the Colorado Mule Deer and my Arizona elk. Both penetrated completely. I was very pleased with their performance.

BOHNTR )))---------->

I also used the Wac'Em on my elk and was very pleased as well. Complete pass through, and bull went down in less then 40 yards from where I shot him.

jdh

I used the Wac'em too. It did the job. The bull was quartering away at 35 yards. I hit him behind the last rib with a 57# bow. The arrow burried up to the fletchings. I dont know if its possible to have a pass thru at that angle with that light of bow. I do know the arrow found the vitals and the bull went about a hundred yards. I had no blood trail at all. You can blame that on a high hit not the broadhead. No broadhead can defy physics.

Fin:

Congrats on the bull, sounds like some good arrow placement. Any photos......please. :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

I like the wac'em it is a very tough broad head and if you are shooting straight cutting diameter won't matter.
another good broadhead is the crimson talon my dad killed a bull with one this year.

I killed my elk with them this year. It was my first year using them. Like you said they fly almost perfect. I hit my elk at 27 yards, it was a complete passthrough but I know the broadhead did hit bone because one of the blades was a little "wavey", but the bull was dead in less than 10 sec. He was literally running dead, headlong into a tree, broke off his left browtine.

drahthar:

Good deal.....and welcome to MonsterMuleys archery section. Look forward to your posts.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Thanks bohntr
Been kind of lurking here for a while, I love the pics that people post here, quite amazing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom