WADE LEMON fiasco???

Robiland

Very Active Member
So I saw on social media today about a post about WLH and helicopters or planes or something shady going on. Does anyone know any details of whats going on?

My bad!!!! I did not realize where that thread went. I just saw the 1st page and the pic, then I left it. I didnt realize it blew up. Kind of funny, but not surprised! Especially with WLH.

When will the hunters and the DWR put an end to these guides?

I am firm believer they need to limit the guides in Utah to maybe 5 ( just a number in the wind). You get caught doing anything shady, youre gone, next one in line can now guide/outfit. And limit these outfitters to maybe 5 guides. This state has become a JOKE!

By killing giant animals like big money guys, do you mean hiring someone to find, sit on and bring hero in to pull a trigger?
This 100%

I swear to god nobody in utah can kill anything without the help of 17 of their closest friends with 2 way walkie talkies. Lol

See almost every YouTube video of an utah hunt and call me wrong….dare you. Lol

I don't have any details at all, don't know WLH at all but doesn't' Berry and Slam both "guide" for different outfitters or "competitors" of WLH?
I worked for "Bucks and Bulls Guides and Outfitters" from 1993 to 2016.
I do not currently work for any Outfitters nor am I in any sort of competitive position with WLH whatsoever.
B&B guides on private lands only and was never a competitor of WLH in any way shape or form.

It's perfectly fine that I am just sick and tired of seeing that brand getting away with numerous accusations that they shouldn't have, even when there's been overwhelming evidence of negligence on their part.
Not to mention seeing "Conservation Dollars" come from poaching trophy animals.

I don't have any details at all, don't know WLH at all but doesn't' Berry and Slam both "guide" for different outfitters or "competitors" of WLH?

No. Berry is the owner.

And, neither took the video of the chopper.

And there's dudes with grey Ford trucks involved.

If that happened those guides are idiots!

Depends on the price. You pocket a big chunk of change, turn your tag back, keep the points?

It's hard to fathom the buisness in this subject. Normal guys live to hunt it. Spends decades dreaming.

When you start looking at spending well in excess of half a million for a bull, paying off guides to sit, is pocket change. But it's real money for the guides.

I mean if you really sit and think about the money involved to shoot a single deer/elk it's not understandable for normal folks. It's pretty mind blowing.

I'll take the heat for that one.

Everyone has a price
This is what I have heard regarding both animals.

Elk: The video of the chopper was filmed by another outfitter scouting for the sportsman’s tag holder after the bull that was harvested. LE was made aware by multiple parties who witnessed, and the chopper (owned by a polygamist dude out of Cedar City), occupants (carter_boys_hunting/Carters out of Milford), and flight path have all been obtained/identified by multiple parties. The identified allegedly made threats of bodily harm against the complainant if they met on the mountain. The insinuation was that the case is a slam dunk should the state pursue it.

Deer: it’s a buck that multiple people/outfits have known about for several years. Last 2 years saw significant regression size wise from 240”ish to 180”ish. He blew up this year putting on 100” of antler roughly. Several people including Bowdy and Gunner Steele (guides affiliated with WLH) drew tags for the unit this year presumably due to water and growth conditions being good. The hunter gave WLH unlimited access to his chopper and nearly $100k in flight cost was incurred over the summer scouting. 9 trucks presumptively affiliated with WLH were parked and filmed at the access point that a tag holder was using to camp and scout this particular deer in early September when Gov tag was in field and killed the buck. Numerous spotters were also filmed and seen in multiple locations around the area the deer had been seen at the time the hunter was in field.

Again, I can’t be more clear, this is just what I’ve heard. I wasn’t there, don’t have any concrete evidence of anything. What I will say, is the places I’ve heard it from, aren’t random guys speculating around the fire. It’s come from guys directly connected to boots on the ground. Whatever that means or is worth.

Last edited:
Seeing as how there is actual recorded footage I'm assuming with a time stamp, it's going to be hard to let that go.

Funny, the son of the deer hunter comes in and blasts the report, knowing the whole time his dad's chopper is flying around?

The more you read, the more I never want to set foot in the top tier units. They are a colossal **** show.

I read the writeup on this bull when the pic dropped. They, the Carter's, sat on it for days, client **** it opening morning. I guess trigger pulling is fun?

This is what I have heard regarding both animals.

Elk: The video of the chopper was filmed by another outfitter scouting for the sportsman’s tag holder after the bull that was harvested. LE was made aware by multiple parties who witnessed, and the chopper (owned by a polygamist dude out of Cedar City), occupants (carter_boys_hunting/Carters out of Milford), and flight path have all been obtained/identified by multiple parties. The identified allegedly made threats of bodily harm against the complainant if they met on the mountain. The insinuation was that the case is a slam dunk should the state pursue it.

Deer: it’s a buck that multiple people/outfits have known about for several years. Last 2 years saw significant regression size wise from 240”ish to 180”ish. He blew up this year putting on 100” of antler roughly. Several people including Bowdy and Gunner Steele (guides affiliated with WLH) drew tags for the unit this year presumably due to water and growth conditions being good. The hunter gave WLH unlimited access to his chopper and nearly $100k in flight cost was incurred over the summer scouting. 9 trucks presumptively affiliated with WLH were parked and filmed at the access point that a tag holder was using to camp and scout this particular deer in early September when Gov tag was in field and killed the buck. Numerous spotters were also filmed and seen in multiple locations around the area the deer had been seen at the time the hunter was in field.

Again, I can’t be more clear, this is just what I’ve heard. I wasn’t there, don’t have any concrete evidence of anything. What I will say, is the places I’ve heard it from, aren’t random guys speculating around the fire. It’s come from guys directly connected to boots on the ground. Whatever that means or is worth.
I've also heard the steele guys had tags for San Juan. They know that unit good as anyone. I'm sure they were bought out.
Sure hope if all that is true it doesn't get swept under the rug.

I thought D. Wade was just collaring fawns from the heli for his Dedicated Hunting Hours to help out the Knuckle Heads.

IMG_6840.jpeg

I had an experience with that dipshit years ago when we found one of his bear dogs on the South Manti during the elk hunt. Dog was skin and bones and half feral when we came across him with a broken receiver on his collar. Coaxed him into the back of the truck with pieces of a sandwich. Called the number on the collar and told WL where our camp was located. Fed and watered that dog for several days. When they came to get the dog they strolled into camp, cut the rope, and didn't say thanks, kiss my ass, nothing, just left. Ignorant plick!

I had an experience with that dipshit years ago when we found one of his bear dogs on the South Manti during the elk hunt. Dog was skin and bones and half feral when we came across him with a broken receiver on his collar. Coaxed him into the back of the truck with pieces of a sandwich. Called the number on the collar and told WL where our camp was located. Fed and watered that dog for several days. When they came to get the dog they strolled into camp, cut the rope, and didn't say thanks, kiss my ass, nothing, just left. Ignorant plick!
Sounds like Wade, but Are you sure it wasn’t his son Kalynne?? Pic purely for attention if it was. Hound dog fashion is an ever changing spherical shade treed cluster of buckles and short shorts with an array pastels sandwiched in between dropped tailgates and bait piles.

IMG_6535.jpeg

A funny story about that damn dog. Wife's aunt and uncle who we hunted with had two fat labs that were a nuisance and kept pestering the bear dog, but they knew where the end of his rope was. They took off to town for fuel and supplies one day and I added about 10 feet to his rope. When they got back ole Spike and Mike went to harassing bear dog thinking they knew his reach. Was a bunch of yipping and fur flying and they got the surprise of their lives. Still cracks me up.

Sounds like Wade, but Are you sure it wasn’t his son Kalynne?? Pic purely for attention if it was. Hound dog fashion is an ever changing spherical shade treed cluster of buckles and short shorts with an array pastels sandwiched in between dropped tailgates and bait piles.

View attachment 120411
Great pic. Kalan is in great shape. Don't neglect leg day at the gym ?. Chad Mendes and Zac Griffith can help you strength the calves before your next sheep hunt. They have great workout plans online and they will be at the hunt expo ?

I'm sure if the law is involved everyone has shut up as best they can. Probably be a year or two before we get any new info.

But who knows ?‍♂️

If mitch and daniel carter were in fact the ones on the helicopter, it shouldn't be hard for law enforcement to make a case. They've guided for wlh for years and found last year's gov tag bull as well.
Maybe the accused paid the guy who filmed them to not be a witness for LE.

This 100%

I swear to god nobody in utah can kill anything without the help of 17 of their closest friends with 2 way walkie talkies. Lol

See almost every YouTube video of an utah hunt and call me wrong….dare you. Lol
Correct! we should make them use one way walkie talkies ?

I was life flighted from Island Park to Idaho Falls......70k and no peanuts!?
My buddy and I both bought the insurance that will pay for emergency situations. I think it was about fifty bucks a year. Learned about it in Shelter Cove as one of friends down there had a situation with his wife and they air lifted her to Santa Rosa and didn't cost 70k all covered.

My buddy and I both bought the insurance that will pay for emergency situations. I think it was about fifty bucks a year. Learned about it in Shelter Cove as one of friends down there had a situation with his wife and they air lifted her to Santa Rosa and didn't cost 70k all covered.
I didn't even know about that insurance until after the fact, unfortunately.

Fortunately, and on a brighter note, my regular insurance ended up covering all but 5k of that.

I didn't even know about that insurance until after the fact, unfortunately.

Fortunately, and on a brighter note, my regular insurance ended up covering all but 5k of that.
It gives you peace of mind as you get older.

My friends wife always told me when we were leaving for a hunt remember if anything happens bring me back his teeth. I told him he really needed the insurance...LOL

What insurance do you have and what type of coverage do they call it? I have the coverage with my SPOT Subscription but would like to cover my wife and children also.
Thanks

LIK2HNT, I have "MASA" Medical Transport Solutions. Covers Helicopter, Plane and Ambulance. Costs under 50.00 per year. Hopefully I will never have to use it but it's worth having if you spend time in the mountains. You better bet I let my buddies no to call the Helicopter if needed. :)

LIK2HNT, I have "MASA" Medical Transport Solutions. Covers Helicopter, Plane and Ambulance. Costs under 50.00 per year. Hopefully I will never have to use it but it's worth having if you spend time in the mountains. You better bet I let my buddies no to call the Helicopter if needed. :)
Thank you for posting the name of the company.

As a "victim" of life flight expenses, I can personally vouch that if your active in the mountains, especially backcountry snowmobiling, skiing, hiking or hunting, $50 can save you tens of thousands of dollars ? ? ?

I was under the impression (here in California), your county of residence pays for "life flight"-type situations.

For example, I'm hiking the Sierra's and break a leg. I call 911 and El Dorado County emergency responders will bill my county of residence.

I know Basemap and Zoleo also offer that insurance, but I believe it's through their contracted life flight provider.

Anyone have different info?

My son had to be airlifted seven years ago after being born nine days 45 minute flight tops 65,500

Was at a seminar in Reno years ago. I think it was Dave Miranda but I am not sure. He had insurance similar to what is being described. He was in Africa and got horrible kidney stones. His insurance would not fly him out because kidney stones are not life threatening. He was driven through a country that was in a civil war and their rig was shot at. Maybe these policies are better than what he had then

I was under the impression (here in California), your county of residence pays for "life flight"-type situations.

For example, I'm hiking the Sierra's and break a leg. I call 911 and El Dorado County emergency responders will bill my county of residence.

I know Basemap and Zoleo also offer that insurance, but I believe it's through their contracted life flight provider.

Anyone have different info?
Snoop

Not necessarily the case, Humboldt won't pay for these flights as my friend found out. It is the lifeline flights that really kick your butt, can be 6 figures easily. For the fifty buck cost it is a no brainer.
Shelter Cove is a flight out if it is serious at all because of the road into the place. It can take up to an hour to get back out to Garberville let alone to a hospital, which would be either Eureka or Santa Rosa.

Looks a touch more costly for us, no longer relevant, boomers.

Still……… a bargain if you need it, I suppose.

Not sure the heirs want any of us to make it out anyway. Just saying. (only being half sarcastic)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom