WAGONHOUND ELK HUNTING

YukonDall

Long Time Member
CAN ANY OF YOU FELLAS SHED ANY LIGHT ON ELK HUNTING WITH THE WAGONHOUND RANCH ??? (DOUGLAS WYOM.) I HAVE HEARD THEY ARE TOP NOTCH PEOPLE, WITH A GREAT OPERATION. IF YOU HAVE HUNTED WITH THEM LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. PM'S ARE WELCOME ALSO, THANKS FOR YOUR TIME & ADVICE...????..YD.

Dax the guy that runs the outfitting on the the ranch is a great guy. You will see tons of good bulls and if willing to work and hold off will have a chance at a great bull. I have not personally hunted their but know a couple of the guides and hunt the same area the ranch is located in. If you have more questions feel free to ask.

I have watched the outdoor dream foundation on the pursuit channel and the bulls they get those kids on are pretty good, I would think if you are more mobile you would do well

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

I waited a while to post on this.

I hunt in country near the Wagonhound every year.

I've never heard a single bad thing about that operation. It is a world-class ranch with high quality elk and from all I know, good people. Much better elk than in other parts of area 7. Higher percentage of mature bulls, even according to G&F biologists and wardens. Just better age classes of bulls for trophy management.

The only negative thing I ever hear is envy from other hunters and it is kinda justified. It's hard to hunt public lands and not see much, then drive by a big private ranch and see quality critters from the county road. But the Wagonhound also serves as a reservoir from which big game "spills" into adjacent properties. And they do allow some cow hunting.

It is a quality hunt. Go there if you can.

>
> THANKS JIM, I APPRICIATE
>THE RESPONSE. I AM
>HEADED THAT WAY IN OCTOBER
>FOR A BULL HUNT.
>TAKE CARE...????.YD.

If Shawn's your guide you'll have a great one.
Pretty much the same in any area with public and private land, the animals head to land with less pressure.
Good luck!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-19 AT 09:45AM (MST)[p] THANKS WYTEX, I WILL SEE IF SHAWN IS AVAILABLE. TAKE ER EASY...???????...YD.

Great hunting on Wagon Hound- Dax runs a good show. I have another friend going back this year. There are some great Bulls have fun and keep your finger off the trigger for a couple of days. The country you will be in is absolutely amazing and beautiful.

I HAD ELEVEN (11), BUT 9.5--10 MIGHT GET THE JOB DONE AT THE REGULAR PRICE...?..NOT THE SPECIAL PRICE...??????...YD.

There was a hunting show on T the other day and I can't believe the elk they saw on that show.

if it is any indication of what is there it would be a Disney Land for hunting. ill bet it is expensive

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom