wahsatch

oldoregon

Very Active Member
finnaly saw the wasatch front, while driving to wyoming. Holy cow is that some purty country. Is the hunting any good there? I notice that in some places, the houses go all the way up the mountain, is the hunting still good. how hard is it to get a tag. What is the elevation. The huntinglookawesopme, i think i will aplly there next year!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Later Yall!!!!
mule-deer.gif

O-O,

I do know that wasatch doesn't have an "h" in it. You must have been in such a hurry you used too much of the alphabet.

JB

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-03 AT 07:21PM (MST)[p]oldoregon
The wahsatch front in mean steep foot only country your chances of obtaining a tag for that area is 100% some of the area is archery only but if you hunt hard you can find some nice bucks I took 1 hunters this year on the extended archery hunt and this year was the worst year yet we seen a few good buck one the would gross in the hight 180s,low 190s here are a few pictures of bucks we were after but could get close enough for a shot. But to be realistic unless you are willing to hunt your ass off I would hunt somewhere else
justinrichins111703-2.jpg

justinrichins111703-3.jpg

justinrichins111703-4.jpg

justinrichins111703-5.jpg

justinrichins111703-6.jpg

justinrichins111703-7.jpg

justinrichins111703-8.jpg

I take a week trip up the wasatch every year. I see my share of big bastards. That country is mean, mainly foot only, some ares a horse couldn't get into. Mean steep rugged country. But some of the biggest bucks in the west hang out up there.

-Cass

0-0,
are you refering to the wahsatch just outside of wyoming on I-80? or, the wasatch front near the salt lake city area? There is a wahsatch (with an H) just east of Utah on I-80.

Cass,

Let me know when you make your next wekk long trip up here to the Wasatch!! I'll even have you and yours over for an elk steak dinner!!! I would love to hear your stories in person.....

By the way Cass, I thought you had given up on Utah....

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-03 AT 02:28AM (MST)[p]Thanks for the invite but I mostly go alone. I would love to sit down with a MM member and just talk hunting.

You can take the hunter outa utah but you can't take the Utah outa the hunter. Born in SLC and born a hunter.

-Cass

RE: wasatch

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-03 AT 10:06AM (MST)[p]We hunted the wasatch mountains for years until they devided Utah up into regions, know we switch off between the Wasatch mountains(anywere from about Ogden to Heber) and the Cache Valley area Mountains, In my opinion there are some big bucks in there but there is starting to be more and more switching from public land to private land(especially around Midway/Heber area) and the hunting pressure seems to get bigger and bigger every year. I remember when I was a kid seeing my dad and uncles pass up a shot on alot of nice 3 and 4 point bucks, because we knew there were bigger bucks now it seems like we are lucky if we even see anything bigger than a 3 point buck, and it seems like alot of the good areas that we would usually go to access road are blocked by people that have private land around it. But like it has been said there is alot of hiking and it is real steep rugged country, My family is all from Midway and Heber and I still have alot of family that lives up there and all of them agree that the deer heards are going down drastically and that the predator (ie. Cougars) are going up big time, but obviously this is stuff that has already been discussed. But over all I agree with on target you have to be willing to put alot of time and hunt more than your ass of to get to the monsters.

Jake

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom