Wall Tent?

accubond

We bought a used 14'x17' wall tent a few years ago. Its been a great tent but the guy that owned it before us used something to waterproof it that makes the tent stick to itself when it's put in the bag. It also seems the tent has shrunk some over time so I am going to set it up and cut the poles down a bit. My question is, since I will have it set up do you think it would damage the canvas to pressure wash the tent? I would obviously start from a distance and work my way in but I'm just curious what others have done for a heavy duty cleaning.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

I wash mine with a pressure washer and then leave it up to dry really good before storing it away or I re-coat it with Waterproofing let it dry then store it away.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I wouldn't cut those poles down too fast. The best thing to do is set that tent up as tight as you can, wet it down with a hose then pull it tighter, let it dry out and keep repeating it. Canvas will shrink over time from not being stored dry but you can get a tent to "grow" several inches by wetting it down, tightening your ropes and letting it dry, then wet it again, tighten, dry and so on over the course of a week. Unless it is a cheap tent, try this first.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom