Wall's Taxidermy is a Joke!!

S

South_slope

2749deer_09.jpg

You know those times when you can just tell someone is just flat out lying to you? That has been the story for the last eight months with Kody at Wall?s Taxidermy. Instead of telling me that he messed up my animal or just has not been able to start the work, he chose to constantly lie.
I gave Kody $650 in full to build a pedestal and $290 in cash as a down payment on a deer mount. Sadly, after my family and friend started getting their 2010 animals back and mine was no closer to being mounted than when I dropped it off in September 2009. The first real sign there was trouble is when Kody asked me to put in for a Canada moose hunt give away that was $1500. This I believe was no more than a way for me to loan him some operating money. After more than a year his story was that the deer was mounted and that the guy building the base was not finished. I told him to tell the guy if he cannot build a base in a year, then give me my money back and sell it to someone else. The story then changed to the deer needs the ears changed or the eyes need wetted and on and on. Like I said the story was never the same and I always had the very distinct feeling I was being flat out lied to.
Finally you get to a point where you can only hear two more weeks so many times. I decided I was going to call the bluff. I contacted him and let him know that I wanted my property back. He was less than willing to return my property and it was not until I let him know that my lawyer was filing in court to recover that he agreed to release my deer. I told him I would pick up the base, and the deer mount unfinished. He told me he would write me a check for the base and he would remove my cape from the form. I replied that I had paid for the base more than a year ago in full and that I wanted the base. After a heated argument it was clear he did not have my base, nor do I believe had he even started it. I later went to pick up the horns that had never been mounted on a form, and was given the wrong cape (hope it isn't yours). I went to the bank to cash the check which was not signed.
4591kody_check.jpg

Where do I stand today? My deer was mounted and in my house by another taxidermist who will no doubt have my business for life. I am figuring after a month that my deer cape will never be ?found?. I paid $290 for a cape that did not look anything like mine. I waited almost 17 months and loaned Kody almost a $1000 for a bunch of BS stories. I think most people in the industry are honest and fair with people even when they get behind. I only write this to save people the frustration of dealing with such a dishonest business.
598deer.jpg

I know your frustration had the same thing happen to me about ten years ago. Kims taxidermist (no longer around) had my antlers and cape for over three years i guess i was alittle to trusting. He kept giving me the runaround come to find out once i finaly seen my antlers laying in a corner of his shop and demanded them back the antlers were on a the foam mold with glue he had pulled my cape off and SOLD IT. It was off an older deer, under the chin into the chest was all white one of a kind. Found out i wasnt the only person someone actually drove there truck through his shop they were so pissed. By the way nice mount. I know use oquirrhhills taxidermy there awesome.

Wall is definitley a lying sack-a-chit! He has a bear a buddy of mine killed in Idaho four years ago this coming May and it's excuse after excuse. Buddy finally pressured Wall into giving him a skull, but is still waiting on the rug. Problem with the skull is, it's obviously not the skull from his bear, because Idaho removes a tooth and the one Wall gave him has all of it's teeth.

There was a guy on here a while back that traded Wall a pair of Swaro binos for a mount and after a year or so went by he couldn't get his mount back. Wish I could remember who it was and could find out how it ever turned out. Wall is good at robbing Peter to pay Paul, but his days of getting away with it are numbered!

Your buddies bear might be tied in with a tanning outfit in Montana that went Bankrupt, a lot of taxidermists used them.

That is what happened to my bear I shot 4 years ago. I finally got it back last spring. After hours on the phone many a pissed off night the thing looks great. Go see it at the Riverdale Sportsmans Warehouse. Sits right abov the pistols!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom