Wasatch East Deer

Rnm5

First off hello everyone. Im new to this site and Utah specifically. I hope to contribute here to help anyone as I learn the area etc. I was able to draw tge Wasatch East dedicated deer tag. Being new I heard it was a great unit but recently heard it wasnt such a great unit. Does anyone have advice? Im not asking for spots etc but just seeking any advice for a new resident in the area. I plan to scout all summer etc and I dont road hunt. Any advice would be appreciated. And if anyone ever needs advice reference AZ let me know as that was where I came from. Be safe everyone.

There's still a few good ones around although I dont think it's as good as it was a few short years ago. A lot of nice bucks have been killed off the unit the last 5 years especially last year. It'll be interesting to see how the unit does this year. Good luck and welcome to Utah.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-19 AT 08:41PM (MST)[p]My luck if so lol. But any hunting is better than no hunting. I appreciate the info. I will update you if its gone south. Waiting for this snow to melt so I can get up and learn the area. Thanks

Hunted it on the late muzzleloader hunt. Didn?t see any thing worth shooting at. Seen some 20? ers that's about it..

Dang well im gonna try to find some decent spots this summer. To be honest a decent 3 or small 4 id take. Mulies have always been my nemesis. Ive taken a few nice bulls but never a decent buck. I appreciate the info. Anyone know if the Taby area is decent or mainly elk? Thanks

A lot of private land around Tabby so that makes that area tougher to hunt. There are some good deer on Wasatch East but they get a ton of pressure from hunters & recreationists being that it is so close to the Wasatch front. Find some likely areas a little ways off the road and you will find deer (and elk).

Good luck to you!! Have you hunted Coues in AZ? If so would love to talk to you as I should draw this year & will be hunting the little whitetail for the first time ever.

I hunt this unit every year. There is some good deer you just have to work for them. The years I can get scouting time in I usually do well. I will post up my 2017 deer that just got back from the taxi.

Man that is a nice buck and sweet mount! Thanks for the advice. Im gonna buy some lightweight backpack gear and backpack in a ways where the scouting turns up the best. Hopefully getting a couple miles away from roads help. Thanks and that buck is some motivation right there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom