Wasatch Elk help for son

T

trevriv

I was wondering if anybody could tell me a good spot along the Wasatch Extended Archery Unit to take my 14 year old son for Elk, we are not picky, cows are fine. Not looking for any trophies, just an opportunity for my son to harvest his first elk.

I wish I could give you more info because I'd probably have a bull on the ground by now if I could but honestly I don't think there's any good spots for elk right now on the Wasatch. I think anyone extended archery hunting right now is needing a whole bunch of luck to even see an elk let alone getting a good shot off on one. I've been tearing the Wasatch Front up from the top of Parleys Summit to Lambs to Milcreek to the top of Big Cottonwood and haven't seen one fresh track or pile of crap. The elk may be rutting but they're not talking much either. I think my plan is keep killing time being up there and if luck happens to swing my way I might get a shot on a lonesome bull but waiting for snow to fall is going to be a huge factor in being able to locate heards. If we can get some snow up there we'll be able to spot them several canyons away and it'll be all spot and stalk from there. Wish you and your son the best of luck and if I happen to find a sweet spot i'll let you know buddy!! That would be a pretty cool feeling for me to locate some elk and have your 14 year old son get one =)

~Z~

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom