washington sheep pics

L

littlefoot

washington sheep pics

saw two up high on the hill, went after them and found nine. here are the first 2
108972.JPG

here are 5 more
108970.JPG

looking back down
108971.JPG

RE: washington sheep pics

Littlefoot
Here are a couple of pics of some rams that I snuck up on up from Entiat.

075183.jpg

075181.jpg

075179.jpg

Eric

Hey there littlefoot. I know exactly where you're at there. In fact, I nearly ran a couple of young rams over right below where the last photo was taken. I was looking across the river at some sheep and looked back at the road just in time to see a couple of little guys jumping the guard rail and crossing the road. Too close of a call, really close, in fact I couldn't really tell they were rams by their horns, if you know what I mean. I drive up the canyon quite a few times a year and always see sheep mostly on the west side. Can't wait until I draw one of those tags. When were you there, recently? Did you happen to head over to where they feed them by oak creek? It's not really like seeing them "in the wild" but I do enjoy seeing all of the rams up close like that.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-04 AT 09:08PM (MST)[p] Looks like your own private sheep mountain!
With a secutity moat around it to keep out the riff-raff!
Cool Photos!

Good pictures, i go up there about once a week. There is a serious sheep pop. in there. Also some nice deer, i have video of a doe that is half albino. Polar bear good pictures of the rams up the entiat, i was coming back from some of my orchards over the weekend and there were 25 ewes next to the road. All in good shape.

Garrett

Love them sheep pics. This is my year to draw a tag... uh huh.

LittleFoot:

Nice pics! I was over at Oak Creek on Sat with my family. The elk were awesome! I went over to the base of Clemens hoping to get a good look at the sheep. They were spread out on the hill side, probally around 75 head. Anyway, I have the max pts for sheep, lol. What are your top choices for Washington sheep units should a guy be luck enough to drawn one of these suckers? Also,what would a top end ram score from the Clemens area?
Thanks!

Bryan

Me too, Deerking!

So littlefoot, like ramslam said, "Where at?" Is that on the Yakima?

Cool pix.

sorry for the delay...yes, it is on the yakima river...to be exact, mile post #20...however, the really big rams are hanging out across the river about #24...am trying for good pics of them this week..got some last week, but the pics didn't do them justice...damn them hills are steep!!

Ahhh yes, hard to forget good sheep country. So how big is "really big"? Thanks for posting. Keep 'em coming.

The Yakima River or the Entiat River? If its the Yakima it would be the Umtanum/Selah unit, correct? If so, on average the rams in there are fairly light (13"-14") and are usually broomed back into 30-33" range. Clemon sheep are usually a little heavier as some rams have been taken out with 15" bases. The auction hunter took a ram out of Clemon 3 years ago that scored 176. That was a bit of an anomoly though, I would expect to take something in the low-mid 160 range.

If its the Entiat, that would make it the Swakane Unit??? If so, that is a different story.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom