Washington Special Permit Applications

Bob D.

Very Active Member
Has anybody been able to purchase special permit applications online? I login with my WILD I.D. and it doesn't seem to be an option. I don't know if I should keep waiting or go to a dealer to purchase them.

ok...I guess I will have to do that. I've got my choices picked out and I'm ready to submit them, but haven't been able to buy the apps yet! I kept thinking they would eventually be available online, but apparently not. Hmmm, could be a good thing...maybe some will wait until the last minute, thinking they can purchase them online, and will get screwed. Too bad for them, but good for me, and those who got them in early!

Doesnt matter, game dept. will just extend it if that happens, just like they always do. Nothing like having a deadline and not sticking to it and saying hey, you had till such and such a date, your to late so your not in the drawing.

I just bought mine and it worked fine. Make sure you are looking under the "Other" tab and not the "Hunting" tab. That is where the special apps are.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

MNHunter, hey thanks...that could be the problem. I've been clicking on the "hunting" tab. You just saved me a trip to the store.

No problem. The new layout on their site threw me for a loop as well.

- Abraham Lincoln

ok..got 'em! That was easy. Don't know why I didn't try that before. I just knew it had to be under "hunting" or it wasn't there at all. Thanks again.

I've been to that link "I want to submit".. on that page there's no "submit" link or feature, no blanks to fill in and no links to such a page. I've looked under every special permit heading and link and have seen no place actually make choices. It's not telling me anyplace I can't chose till tomorrow, I can't even find where to tell it the choices??

Tomorrow you will log in and it will show the applications you have purchased. It will ask you what units/hunt codes you want. Submission is not a single click, it is a process just as the purchasing of the applications is. The WA system can be confusing but tomorrow you'll be able to walk through it.

- Abraham Lincoln

Is there a place on the page that says, return in 24 hours and click X link and you'll be able to apply? I'm sorry if I missed that.

Also, do I go the "I want to submit" or to the license purchase option again? I ask because under I want to submit, there's no place to enter my wild ID or any link to a page to submit it to enter my choices. It must do it off the license purchase option right? otherwise when I visit the site it has no idea if I've purchsed a license already or not? Yes/no?

Colville, on that last link I posted, it says on that page that the applications may be submitted from May 31 to June 28. So tomorrow, as MNHunter said, everything should be working just fine, when you go to submit your apps.

I'm curious.........

How will the special permit change the way you guys hunt this year or in how you put in your permit applications?

Will you hunt with all three weapons?
Will you start with your usual weapon of choice?

The multi season tag will be great for me.I am more of a bowhunter than gun hunter but, I started applying for the late rifle deer tags because I wanted to hunt a certain unit with a rifle and hated to blow my points on something other than my original plan. This year I get to put in for the same rifle tag but get to hunt with my bow if not drawn. I sure wish we didn't have to choose weapons untill after the draw it would sure make my life easier.

IM THINKING THE SAME THING BUT THE ODDS OF DRAWING A LATE BUCK TAG ARE SO BAD THAT I THINK I WILL SCRAP MY PLANS AND JUST GO FOR A GOOD ARCHERY TAG OR LOBBY THE WDFW TO ADD MORE UNITS FOR LATE BUCK HUNTS.

I was thinking the same thing as it will only let me purchase, not submit.

- Abraham Lincoln

Wait till the last day then your name will be on the top of the pile. Well it used to work for me that way when we used to do the cards. Now I haven't drawn for years. Do ya feel lucky? Oh hell ya, I even got a new gun.

I just got off the phone with the WA F&G dept and they are having trouble with their website with regards to submitting special hunt applications. Go figure.

- Abraham Lincoln

Just looked on the WDFW web page and they just put up the 2005 harvest reports for all the special permits. If you want to see how people did last year for each hunt.

Alright guys, here is the scoop:

I talked to a lady at the F&G and explained that the ?I want to Submit a special application? link on the main page is directing customers to the login for purchasing. She said the website will be updated for the link to the submission process. Until then, you can get to it directly with the link below

https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhunt

- Abraham Lincoln

Good to hear I'm not the only one. I know I'm entering everything correctly. But it doesn't know who I am! Maybe tomorrow.

It didn't let me do my deer application, said I had the wrong tag info which isn't true as I was only putting in for modern firearm hunts and have a MF tag. sounds like they are having a few problems.

So is it working for anybody that it wasn't working for before? It's still telling me "customer not found," when I enter in my WILD I.D. number, name and birth date.

Bob,
I would call if I were you. The first year I applied, I had to call and they ended up spelling my name wrong. The new system this year was the first time I was able to correct it. I wasn't able to apply each year unless I put in the incorrect spelling. Maybe some of your data is wrong?

- Abraham Lincoln

What are people's opinion on the new LT. Murray, Naneum tags. I live in E-burg, but am moving out of state and have 6 points in deer and elk. I know the northern units have great trophy potential, but what are you thoughts on the new hunts? Good luck to all.
WACAT

Hunting the L. T. Murray in November would be exciting if you like to watch elk, but trying to find a buck deer with more mule deer in him than blacktail would be a tough hunt. When do they, the game dept., close the gates on the range? Would more elk be killed illegally if there are people driving around during the elk migration?
I think the deer herd in the Murray gets hit hard enough during the general season. Maybe the game department is trying to focus on the bucks that hang out near the Pacific crest and migrate onto the range during the rut.
I wouldn't mind hunting the Murray during the deer rut, but I'd look at the elk and probably eat my tag.

Hey Ridge, I got the same error. Thought I had my tag. I bought it but haven't picked a weapon yet, same with elk. I guess I gotta stop tonite. You can check in your history.

MNHunter, Now it isn't saying "customer not found," it's saying "SSN is invalid." I'm not even entering my SSN. So I called as you suggested, and they couldn't tell me why it was doing that. From the sounds of it, somebody may be calling me back, but the guy didn't sound real confident with that either. Sounded more like he didn't know what the problem was and didn't know how to fix it, and wasn't going to try. Although he did say something about he would tell his supervisor about the problem. I can't even get into the system to purchase licenses and look at the history of what I have purchased! It gives me the same message. I tried logging in as my brother, with his WILD I.D. and I got the exact same thing. I'm now wondering if it could have something to do with my brother and I having the same birth date, and same last name, so somehow the computer is mixed up and saying the SSN is wrong. I guess I'm the only one still having problems? Well, other than my brother...

Twins? I hope the system doesn't crash with 2 same last names & birthdays. JK. Did you put in last year & have a problem? If you are just purchasing a license I saw a place where you could enter by SSN, wild id, or drivers license. But that it only comes up for wild ID when doing the apps. I'm sure you'll get it worked out by the deadline. Good luck on yer draws.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-06 AT 02:21PM (MST)[p]Yes, twins. Never had a problem before and I've been applying online for however long it's been an option. I'll get it worked out...I'm just glad I didn't wait till the last day to do it. Funny thing is I just purchased my applications online last Sunday, and I could log in to the sytem just fine. Now it won't let me in, doesn't matter if I use my SSN or my WILD ID. It keeps telling me invalid SSN.

Well I just tried again and like magic it worked. Got my choices submitted for deer, elk, sheep, and moose. Now the wait begins.

Now it's my turn for it not to work. Got my tags but not in my history. I thought by being computerized it would be in the system within minutes. I'll try again tomorrow. plus they charged me another service fee. I already bought my tags just didn't pick em up when I bought my license. I was pissed. I'll get em all next year at the same time.

Where is the page to look at your selections and preference points? How do you change your elk tag after you have already purchased it? Somehow I got the wrong side of the state.
Thanks,
Shane

Bob D., I am now having the exact same problem as you. It says to enter WILD ID and then returns that I've entered wrong SSN and cannot find me. What should I do?

There is a phone number you can call on that same page. I called that number and even though the guy didn't have a clue as to why it was saying my SSN was wrong, a couple hours later, they had it fixed. So somebody there must know how to fix the problem. Expect to be on hold for several minutes before you get to talk to somebody.

Looks like you paved the way for me Bob, I called up and the guy knew exactly what the problem was and in a matter of seconds had it working. Thanks for your help and good luck in the draw.

B

Buckmania, Have you tried going to "hunt pemit drawing results" and checking to see if it shows what species you applied for and what your choices were? My deer, elk, moose, and sheep aren't showing up yet. Just the spring bear, and the multi season ones come up. I thought it would be in the system by now since I did it Friday afternoon.

There was a link to send a note if you had problems & I sent a note saying it didn't work. They answered & said they are working the problem. I'll keep checking.........about 5 times a day. heh heh

Bob, Mine still does not show either. If I log into purchase or submit, they are there. I also printed my confirmation page just in case.

- Abraham Lincoln

I called em monday and they said not untill next week:( but Im hopeing they get there act together.

OK...thanks guys. I logged in to submit as MNHunter said, and it showed that mine had been submitted, so I feel better now. I'll wait and check again next week.

Thanks for working out the bugs guys. I got mine in today. Rolling the dice on Mission again. Any others bold enough to say what they chose? Just curious how much competition there will be out there. With the new hunts it ought to help a little.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom