WATCH YOUR AIM!!!

I bet that boy has brown stains in his shorts. Good shooting by the other guy after the victim was thrown clear.
RELH

what a stupid shot to take. guy wasn't under it, he was on top of it, that was a dumb decision, granted made in a split second, but one of the stupider things ive seen on a hunting video for sure

No Room For Error!

If You Were A By-Stander!

You'd Wonder If The Shooter Mighta Shot The Guy!

what a stupid shot to take. guy wasn't under it, he was on top of it, that was a dumb decision, granted made in a split second, but one of the stupider things ive seen on a hunting video for sure

Facts not in evidence: Was the shooter a PH? Most likely. Was the rider a PH? Most likely. Did the shooter act improperly? No, the shot was the product of experience and knowledge with ones weapon, 100% instinctive. Do members expressing opinions here understand the danger the buff presented, not only to rider, but others in the party? Our ever present NA bias is on full display. The shooter's response in a tight quarters contact was spot on. If you were the rider would you have appreciated the discharge? No, but in the chaos of the moment, it was after the fact anecdotal. A bullet discharged in the line of fire near another person is always hazardous, without doubt. In close quarter contact many factors come into play in a compressed nexus of time and circumstance. The bullet was likely a solid. The shot angle wider than camera appearance depicted. The shooter and rider were both likely a brimming cocktail of adrenaline after the fact. Well done to the shooter! Geez... isn't it great fun to have the luxury of time and distance from the comfort of our favorite chairs, to offer our opinions...
IMHO, proper and well executed...

Crazy situation for sure. I suppose if the shooter thought that the rider was gonna die if he didn't shoot, then that logic dictates a shot. In a split second, how do you judge that?

But all that aside- what in the hell happened for that guy to be on top of the buffalo? Nuts.

Of course it was a dangerous shot.

More dangerous for the bull rider than not taking the shot? Probably not.

He saved that dude’s life. I wouldn’t punch someone in the face for saving my life.

saved his life? he was rolling of the bulls back as it was running away. he wasn't under him being gored. in that particular case he increased the risk of death exponentially

I watched that video a couple more times. I cannot come up with a plausible explanation for how the guy ended up riding the buffalo. The rider even got congratulated by a bystander: "you did good". Did good?? And... with all that craziness, the shooter was smiling and calm and says something about getting it on video.

I'm of the opinion the whole thing was set up, and now I'm with JPickett- just a massively dangerous stunt that easily could have ended with a dead rider (by buffalo or bullet).

I take it you are a buffalo attack expert. As such, I'll defer to your superior knowledge and experience on involuntarily riding cape buffalo.

Or in other words...whatever you say, sport!
yeah it takes a real PHD to say shooting a magnum rifle directly at another human being in motion at 10 feet is stupid

I yield to those who have opinions from their comfortable chairs after the fact... your expert analysis of situations you cannot comprehend, except from the vast reservoir of knowledge amassed from video games and such not withstanding... you prairie dog warriors are equally entitled to your opinion, despite the fact it is constructed from nothing more substantial than thin hot air... geez...

Watching a guy, shoot at another guy, is a pretty easy assessment to make even for the most simple minded among us….

Watching a guy, shoot at another guy, is a pretty easy assessment to make even for the most simple minded among us….

I watched a video just yesterday of a police officer being attacked by a person with a knife, and a backing officer shooting the attacker while he was on top of the other officer.

I guess it's pretty easy to say that this backing officer was wrong and should have let that other officer continue to be attacked by the knife wielding dirt bag rather than shoot the guy when the other person was in the picture still.

You did get the simple minded part correct, however!

your nailing the simple minded for sure. look back at my post where i say he wasn't under the buffalo being gored. if the buffalo was actively mauling the dude that would be a good reason to shoot at it. hell the buffalo wasn't even running at the shooter or group.

looking at it from the perspective of me being the guy riding the bull. im falling off guys please don't shoot the largest dangerous game cartridge on earth 4 inches from my head. ill take my chances with some busted ribs

its hilarious that in a group of such seasoned expert hunters as we have here on MM that a discussion of should you shoot a big gun at your buddy is so contentious.

but then i can only imagine what a utard hunters ed class looks like

its hilarious that in a group of such seasoned expert hunters as we have here on MM that a discussion of should you shoot a big gun at your buddy is so contentious.

but then i can only imagine what a utard hunters ed class looks like
Not really. But why go all front range indignant and judge? I wasn't even there, or know any people involved. Who knows how I would have acted or reacted? I guarantee i wouldnt have shot the guy. Remember the grizzly attack a few years ago, when the guy tossed his 10 to the man under the bear and ran?

There is a whole lot of grey in pickett's world of black and white. I could explain it to you jpickett, but I can't understand it for you.

I don't think anyone has argued that wasn't a very dangerous shot to fire. I know I certainly haven't. But keep making stuff up so you can claim a personal win of some faux argument on the internet.

Sometimes You Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do To Try & Save Somebodies Life!

Was It Safe Making A Shot Like That?

No!

Was It Safe To Let His Buddy Finish Riding It Out?

No!

There Wasn't Alot Of Time To Think Safety Out Right There!

Something BAD Coulda Happened!

I'd Of Like To Of Seen how That Ole Boy Got On That Damn Thing In The First Place!:D

Guy Buffalo (@jlblsu) / X

Don’t mess with a guy on a buffalo

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom