Water catchment book

alamojoe

Is there anywhere I can buy the "Arizona's Wildlife Water Maps-Water Catchments" book on line? The nearest G&F office is over 100 miles away and NO WAY will I send a piece of paper with my CC info on it to anyone. AZ Game & Fish should offer a way to buy it on-line.

If anyone out there has one and would take paypal I'll buy it off you.
Thanks

Dont waste your time with the book not worth the money! Poor maps, just get a GPS. I have the water catchment book. Not worth it.

Had a couple of you offer partial or full book but no follow up. If you have paypal I'll gladly give you the $35+shipping for your copy.

Seems most dont like the book, but right now to me anything is better than what I have. I currently have "NO CLUE" where to find catchments,springs or guzzlers in unit 16A.

>I agree. It sucks. Send me
>5 bucks for shipping and
>u can have mine

Give me your address or paypal info, I'll give you full price + shipping. You have not followed up on your offer yet.

>Send me your E-Mail address &
>I'll send you a copy
>of it.

Check your PM's I sent my email address to ya a couple days ago, no reply back from you so far. I'm willing to pay if you have paypal or will take a check.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-12 AT 01:16PM (MST)[p]i got the book its ok but the new AZG&F Habimap is awesume - they even give the gps cooords

following the old maps will work but the new online sysyem is so much better

the masp shows 28 water/catchments for unit 16a with all the gps coords etc. wow that was easy just took less than minute - lol

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-12 AT 03:23PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-12
>AT 01:16?PM (MST)

>
>i got the book its
>ok but the
> new AZG&F Habimap
> is awesume -
> they even give
>the gps cooords
>
>
>following the old maps
>will work but the
>new online sysyem
>is so much better
>
>the masp shows 28
> water/catchments for unit
> 16a with
>all the gps coords
> etc.
>wow that was easy
>just took less than minute
>- lol

I saw the Habimap is is good but absoutly no directions on how to access the catchments. It won't zoom in good enough to get an idea of access roads/trails. That is why I want the book. Even crude maps to the location are better that a guess.

The GPS coords are awesome if I had a helicopter and could fly right to it. Land access is far more difficult for someone totally unfamiliar with the area.

Looks like I need the make the 115 mile trip to Kingman to get a copy. For all the crap everyone talks about that book they sure are steadfast about holding on to them.

>
>the masp shows 28
> water/catchments for unit
> 16a with
>all the gps coords
> etc.
>wow that was easy
>just took less than minute
>- lol

you can lead a horse to water ....

open map - agrre -- then -under layers - i use managemnt units and wildlife water then - upper right i use imagery as its a better map with rds -
if this dosn't work - please buy book and drive to locations to find - geeezzzzzzze

> open map -
>agrre -- then
>-under layers - i use
>managemnt units and wildlife
>water then
>- upper right i
>use imagery as
>its a better map
>with rds -
>if this dosn't work -
> please buy
>book and drive
>to locations to find
>- geeezzzzzzze
I Know how to use the site. I want to drive out to 6 of them. I will get the book and use in conjunction with online locations, or even Google Earth for better close up resolution to help me find the roads/trails to the catchments.

>+1 WapitiBob, alamojoe is living proof
>that you can't fix stupid
>

I won't go that far but topo maps with road numbers and sat imagery with GPS locations to get you from the road to the guzzler is pretty straight forward.

i usually find catchment - habi map or google earth trace little rd from guzzler o utto the main fs rd and mark those coords also - then real easy to make the right turn off.

OK, Here's My Sign!!!
I did not see the Lat. Long. read outs in the bottom left corner. That really makes a huge differance, I can make my own map with my GPS.
Thanks for the help guys.

>click the blue dot at the
>catchment site and it pops
>up a box with the
>lat/lon

I got that the first time I was on that site. What it took a while to see was the rolling Lat/Lon under the scale on the bottom left. I can use that and point my cursor at what looks to me like a road or trail. I then copy and pase that into Google Earth for a closer look.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom