Way to go REMF!

Pre64

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-12 AT 01:29PM (MST)[p]TYPO - RMEF - sorry

Ninth Circuit Court Upholds
Congressional Wolf Delisting

MISSOULA, Mont.?The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals today affirmed the constitutionality of Congress? removal of wolves from the federal endangered species list.

The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation applauded the decision.

Attorneys representing RMEF and other conservation groups had presented oral arguments supporting the Congressional action, wolf delisting and science-based, state-regulated management and control of wolf populations.

?This is a huge win for real wildlife management in the U.S.,? said David Allen, RMEF president and CEO. ?We?re thrilled with the favorable ruling because it upholds the law as well as science and common sense. This decision helps clear the way for continued work by true conservationists to balance wolf populations with other wildlife and human needs.?

Allen suspects the plaintiffs will appeal their case to the U.S. Supreme Court.

He said, ?I'm hopeful that a Congressional act, multiple courtroom defeats and an American public that is clearly tired of this legal wrangling will encourage our opponents to give up and cede responsible wolf management to conservation professionals in each state. But we'll have to wait and see.?

RMEF continues to fight wolf lawsuits and support delisting legislation at both federal and state levels.

Good news. Hopefully this will set in motion for states to finally be able to manage their wolf populations.

Eldorado

Yeah, that is great news. I'm sure BGF will be on shortly to claim the victory....

Confirmed the decision I made to renew my membership yesterday.

Memeber RMEF, UBNM, UWC & Anti-SFW Society

>Yeah, that is great news.
>I'm sure BGF will be
>on shortly to claim the
>victory....

Ya, and hopefully RMEF & NRA didn't have to send out any letters to legislators denying false claims by SFW/BGF this time.

Memeber RMEF, UBNM, UWC & Anti-SFW Society

mtshedhead, my old friend are you reading this,? better late than never.your friend[little bit#h}azz clown....

wuffie---I already got an email from BGF a couple hours ago with that news and basicly taking credit as you mentioned! I don't know how I got on their list but I keep getting their emails even though I don't belong to BGF or SFW.

If it weren't for a couple politicians from MT none of these sorry ass organizations would be able to falsely claim responsibility for anything.What did any of these groups do?Did the get them delisted?NO Did they completely refuse to take any action or help those fighting this thing since the beginning?YES The RMEF will take credit for anything they think will make up for their blunders,not going to work.Elk...your a moron

My bone is no stranger to
great envy!

I was a member and chairman of a RMEF chapter for years. Back when the wolves were being introduced, RMEF REFUSED to get involved, claiming it wasn't part of their MISSION STATEMENT. There were so many mismanaged and horrible dicisions that RMEF were doing, we all quit the organization and have never supported them again. There were backroom deals going on, hiring thier buddies over better qualified people. Now, after years not supporting sportsmen against the wolf issue, they see a chance to use the wolf issue to thier advantage and are trying to claim responsibility for the gains we are seeing with wolf management. Go back and do your homework, RMEF wouldn't have anything to do with the wolf issue until they saw a way to boost thier own membership by making false claims.

Colorado Lion Hunt:

Mineshaft Lion Hunt:
http://trophyroom.com/video/lls8ViwJcT

that is disconcerting to say the least. I've not heard this before. The elk certainly need an advocate.

>I was a member and chairman
>of a RMEF chapter for
>years. Back when the
>wolves were being introduced, RMEF
>REFUSED to get involved, claiming
>it wasn't part of their
>MISSION STATEMENT. There were
>so many mismanaged and horrible
>dicisions that RMEF were doing,
>we all quit the organization
>and have never supported them
>again. There were backroom deals
>going on, hiring thier buddies
>over better qualified people.
>Now, after years not supporting
>sportsmen against the wolf issue,
>they see a chance to
>use the wolf issue to
>thier advantage and are trying
>to claim responsibility for the
>gains we are seeing with
>wolf management. Go back
>and do your homework, RMEF
>wouldn't have anything to do
>with the wolf issue until
>they saw a way to
>boost thier own membership by
>making false claims.
>
>
>
>
>
>Colorado Lion Hunt:
>
>
>Mineshaft Lion Hunt:
>http://trophyroom.com/video/lls8ViwJcT

It seems that this all changed when David Allen took over the helm and several new directors were elected. Allen does speak out!

What was mentioned above is exactly why Jay Dart was asked to take a hike and Mr. Allen chosen to replace him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom