we sold

azsagebrush

We sold our antlers, we had over 1000 pounds. Our biggest antler was 12 pounds.Have any of you sold yet?
4455064b360ad62c.jpg

44550577354d3f4f.jpg

445505dc35bbabc1.jpg

sheez... I would have bought a few of those toads from you! That is a lot of antlers you had there, congrats for sure.

From the land of Big Sticks,

Osulogger

So, do you sell by the pound or what? Just curious how much a thousand pound of antlers cost. Is that from this year alone? Congrats on so many antlers.

Clyde

That is one great looking bunch of horn. You know have asked before what horn go for and everyone clams up about the qeostion and really don't know why. Whats the big deal. I don't sell even if I would get 40 bucks a lb.

nebo,

I am in the same boat as you. I don't sell my antlers at all. I get attached to them and don't want to give them up, especially the ones with a lot of character. azsagebrush, way to go by the way. Congrats.

Don't look down on those that sell, but I just get to attached to them buggers....plus i dont find enough of them I guess

I'm sure everyone else wants to know...So how much for them all? I don't sell my sheds either, but if I had that many and got a good offer, I would consider...So please how much did ya make if you don't mind telling?

Thanks for the reply. That is great the people that sell and I'm like the rest I get attached to them and I don't find very many either. Great sheds and what a picture. I couldn't imagine finding that many. What a great job. Thanks

There was a total of 1146 pounds, and we got $4960.00. as you can see there is alot of chalk and whites, I think there was a total of 85 browns.

daltmansheds,
my son and I spend every weekend out looking, the school here is on a 4 day week so fridays he out there too. We both go a few days a week after work/school. I'm trying to keep up with "Littlefoot" but I can see that have to find a little more time.

LAST EDITED ON May-01-06 AT 08:06AM (MST)[p]Wow, I am impressed with that pile! The prices you are offered there are no different than those here in Oregon....wish they'd give a bit more but oh well. I only sell the smaller or less unique antlers I find.....I only get attached to the special or larger specimens! Thanks for posting, it is interesting that the heaviest antler you sold, you say weighed 12 pounds, did you have an approximate score on that particular antler?

As I stated to you before I my largest set of the year weighed in at 14 and 15 pounds (largest set i've ever found by the way). But would only score about 330 inches. I'm betting the larger antlers you sold would score way more than mine...I wonder why there is so much of a difference in weights VS. score?

Good job by the way!

Well dang, man thats a lot of bone, i think i see a couple of mine in there JK. Its going to be hard to beat that next year.

hey, 'az' & son....thanks for the note...that's a nice haul there. i meant to ask you guys...are all those 'white' ones last years' or are some this years' sheds that just 'turn color' quickly? just curious....seems as though a lot get 'overlookeed' if they are all last years'...also, are there any 'special ones' that you keep? if so, would love to see pics of them...do you watch any particular bulls and go after their sheds? i know, i know,... i'm full of questions, but you need to answer them so's i will sleep better at night...again, great 'finds' and great pics...who gets the $$$?

LAST EDITED ON May-01-06 AT 10:47PM (MST)[p]I havent even been out for elk sheds yet!! I'd be in trouble if you lived in Colorado!! Thats crazy how many you found in the last month or 2.
Did you sell to Dorchuck?
Nice load! Thanks for sharing.
Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom