Weatherby Euromark

B

BruinBreath

Hello
I have a Weatherby Euromark that I was looking to sell. Weatherby discontinued the Euromark in 2002. The gun is just too beautiful and heavy to be a practical hunting rifle anymore. I was hoping maybe somebody out there could give me some idea's on what would be a fair asking price for it ? Here are the spec's

Mark V Euromark

300 Winchester Magnum

24 " Barrel

One minor scratch, other than that gun looks like the day I bought it.

No more than 150 rounds thru it.

Even though it is not a chambered for a Weatherby cartridge it still is free bored.

Most accurate gun I have owned. 1/4" groups easily at 100 yards. I have always loaded it with RL-22 and can easily get 3,090 fps out of it with 180 grain Nosler Partitions, Accubonds or Ballistic Tips. Have hit 2,875 or so before with 200 grain Partitions.

It has a mint Leupold 4x12 Vari X II scope on it.

Any ideas ? Thanks.
BB

Bruinbreath,

I'm no expert but I'll give my thoughts on what its worth. First the fact that its not chambered to a Weatherby cartridge shouldn't hurt it and may help. Secondly, those who know Weatherby rifles know that the Euromark is an absolutely beautiful rifle. Great wood with all the bene's of a Weatherby rifle. I'm not sure how much you paid but I had a friend that bought one a few years back and I think he paid around $1300 for just the rifle. Could have been more though. Your scope I'm guessing would be worth around $200, again only guessing. Since you'd be selling it online (which is better then a gun shop unless you do consignment.) You could get around $1000-$1200 maybe. Thats a guess of course. Also if I were you I'd check out the Weatherby collectors website. Since its discontinued you might be able to get much more also, I just don't know. Anyways good luck. If I had the funds I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

The Sixteenth edition of the Gun traders guide lists a price of $995.00. Take in consideration that this guide is several years old and this is only the price for the rifle in excellant condition. I believe that Boman is in the ballpark for the price quote he gave you. 200.00 for a used vari X II may be a tad high since the vari X III is the top of line for Leopold.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom