Weatherby??

bbrown

Question for weatherby guys. I'm looking at mark V ultra lightweight and the new vanguard s2 backcountry in 300 win mag. I Want a nice lightweight magnum.The backcountry seems to be pricey for a vanguard but also looks like a sweet gun. The mark V is around 500$ more, is it that much better of a rifle? Would I regret not paying the extra $ for the mark V ultra lightweight?
Can anyone help?

Imo I would go with the vanguard. The mark v ultralight I had was at best 1 1/2 MOA rifle. I would also check out the tikka t3 light also. You could also buy a nice used custom for the price of the mark v ultralight.

My father has a vanguard backcountry. However, its the older verison before the series 2 lineup came out. 300 Wthby. I hear him praising the gun all the time climbing mountain, killed afew elk. Shoots good too. Only drawback, hes broke 2 stocks, kicks like a frick'n mule. Keeps shattering the bedding blocks.

I have a MK V in 7WBY. First shot is dead on, then stair steps high left from then on. New scope, free floating barrel, different loads, nothing helped. Barrel heats up REAL quick. It's been a safe queen for 5 yrs now.

I'd go the Tikka route and this is come from a guy who has a 300wsm WBY and I'm trying everything I can like the last poster to make this thing more accurate.

i have an older vangard moa in 257 that shoot .5 at one houndred yards. it is realy heavy to me. i shoot my tikka 270 wsm a lot more and it shoots amost as good .57. over a pound lighter. 7.75 to 6.5

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-13 AT 03:58PM (MST)[p]Well I was talked out of the Weatherby and decided to order the Sako A7 tecomate in 300 wsm. Looks like a good gun and the reviews seem to be good.

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-13
>AT 03:58?PM (MST)

>
>Well I was talked out of
>the Weatherby and decided to
>order the Sako A7 tecomate
>in 300 wsm. Looks like
>a good gun and the
>reviews seem to be good.
>

Good call.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos