Weird things while shed hunting: Let?s hear them?

A

AntlerKing

What are some WEIRD or STRANG things you have ran into or seen while out shed hunting?

I was shed hunting one day and was walking down an old creek bed that had some spring run off coming down it when I noticed something off the side of me. I was walking through a big meadow with lots of grass, on the North side was the creek bed. There were two coyotes out hunting mice on the side of the creek, I was out in the open and they had no clue I was there. I sneaked over another 50 yards before one of the dogs figured something was up, I pulled out the 9mm glock and took a shot at the one with his head in the grass. The dang thing drops at 60 yards, I was thinking to my self ?I'm one lucky sucker?. I crossed the spring run off to find he wasn?t there, and then I notice him running up the side hill. When I shot he dropped out of instinct and crawled off, he sure out smarted me. Back in 2000 I was out shed hunting with my friend Shane, we were eating lunch on a ledge when we heard a loud boom. We looked across into the pines to see an avalanche coming down a chute, that was one of the cooler things I've seen being out. Let's hear yours?

i was out shed hunting one day and i thought i was the only one in about 20 square miles. i went down a little 2 track road for about 10 miles(which there were now tracks in), parked and walked about another five.. i found a few deer sheds, and i thought i would sit down and glass this slope...i was glassing right along and got to this patch of juniper trees and saw this guy and girl having sex under one tree!!!
where they come from and how they got there i dont know, but i didnt expect to see that, that day.....

One day while shed hunting, I kept hearing some thing behind me and down the ridge a little bit, but when I would stop to look behind me I neither saw or heard anything. this went on for about one hundred yards. I was on a ridge that was just covered with oaks and buckbrush, When I reached a clearing on the ridge, I stopped for about 5 minutes and listened and watched, and saw nothing, so I got up and decided to back track my self for a little bit, I had my little 22 pistol with me so I wasn't scared completely shitless, but I was close, but I fallowed my tracks back from the clearing about 75 yards and ran into a set of lion tracks, directly over myne. I never did see the lion, but I have always wondered if it was hunting me or just curious. Whatever it was I sure as hell am glad that he wasn't too hungry that day.

,Utah

Hey antlerman, would you be interested in a new shed hunting partner? sounds to me like you know where to go!

I found this Rubber Boa up hunting, there was an inch of snow on the ground. We were luck to find this snake I would have to say this is one of my more interesting finds up shed hunting.
rubber-boa.jpg

In my running days, I caught a couple getting it on under an olive tree. The dude saw me and just kept pounding away missionary style. Hmmmmm will this be zapped?

One time while shed hunting I ran into some Mexican drug cartel flunkies cultivating soil in preparation for the upcomming dope growing season. They did not see me and I reported it to the DEA who put on a several month surveliance and waited until harvest time to bust the site. The sight had over 1000 plants worth several million dollars. What did they do to the poor mexican growers? Sent them back to the other side of the border where they came back the following year to grow and cultivate another site about 10 miles from the one I found. Unbelievable!!

I hiked up a hill that is about 300 feet taller then the sournding land. The top of the Hill is about 50 feet across. On top there are 6 or 7 rock semi circles about 3 feet high. It looks to me like a group of people made a last stand on top of that hill. I could not find any cartrage cases or arrow head rock but people didn't build those rock walls around the top of that hill for nothing. I would love to no the story behind them.

Antlerradar

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom