Weiser Elk units

NevadaJames

Hey so I'm on these fires over in California and my scouting time is getting impacted. Both my dad and I have veteran tags for OTC elk I am just wondering if anybody has been seeing them moving around with all this smoke and fire. We have had crazy things happening here with the fires and smoke pushing animals into town just trying to get a feel if anybody is seeing stuff moving? Thanks and hopefully you guys get unit 22 put out quickly over there.

I was on the fires up in the cascades a few weeks ago and we only saw a handful of elk on three different forests up there with the smoke impact and the fire activity. Just wondering if its the same thing in the 22 unit I know the fire closure will be done by the hunting season dates but has anybody seen animals in there or have they all pushed out to the surrounding units which i suspect every road hunter will be out trying to harvest a trophy not more than 100 yards from a roadway. And NiceRack not asking for hunting locations if you read the conversation asking if anyone is seeing animals in that unit. And you wonder why nobody likes the locals.

You will be joining in with a Butt load of other out of state hunters as well as probably 65% of the Boise Nampa area hunters. My suggestion wear LOTS of Orange & get used to Ducking a LOT !! There are elk scattered all over those units, but with all the Private property & the 25 plus % increase in hunters it is going to be a Total SHEET SHOW !!!

That's what I was afraid of Oldhornhunter. I knew there would be a lot of pressure just being that close to Boise but didn't get my normal tag so this was the secondary tag they had. I am just trying to get 1 legal bull outta that unit for the veteran I'm taking out and then we're off to Wyoming for another veteran antelope hunt. Then to Colorado for some more veteran elk tags to fill for the fellas. It's mandatory that all the veterans we take out wear orange so we can get accurate counts of vets in the field so I hope they don't get shot at because I'm taking combat veterans and I'm sure they are way more proficient with firearms than most lol they wont tolerate ignorance and getting shot at neither will I.

That's what I was afraid of Oldhornhunter. I knew there would be a lot of pressure just being that close to Boise but didn't get my normal tag so this was the secondary tag they had. I am just trying to get 1 legal bull outta that unit for the veteran I'm taking out and then we're off to Wyoming for another veteran antelope hunt. Then to Colorado for some more veteran elk tags to fill for the fellas. It's mandatory that all the veterans we take out wear orange so we can get accurate counts of vets in the field so I hope they don't get shot at because I'm taking combat veterans and I'm sure they are way more proficient with firearms than most lol they wont tolerate ignorance and getting shot at neither will I
Good luck

Oldhornhunter you were right there is alot of folks in that unit. I was fortunate to harvest a good 5x5 bull opening morning. Must have seen about 30 elk and a about 3 bulls but only had a shot at the 5x5 which is ok with me. Went high and far away from the roads and got it done but dang there is a lot of folks in that unit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom