Well, maybe Monday

Zeke

Long Time Member
I wish the msgb drawing results would have been posted this morning but, alas, they were not.

Maybe Monday will be the day.... maybe way next Friday since that's the supposed deadline. I need to get back to my life and I cannot until I can finally breathe!

Am I the only sick SOB that is afflicted with this "illness"?

Zeke

Have you looked into the New Mexico forum?:D I'm still hopein s&g will b released in CO draw results today. But then I still have to wait for moose, elk, deer, antelope, bear. Gonna b a long few weeks! Good luck brother!

Zeke,
There are plenty of people who think all hunters are sick SOBs but then I have always thought of you as being a right fine fellow! I am guessing you WILL be a sick SOB if your Wyoming message starts with a U instead of an S!

Best of luck and keep me posted

Life will go on even if my results start with an "U" but it would brightened the year if I received an "S"! We shall know soon enough.

I'm into my 36th year of Wyoming sheep applications! Too bad most of them were pre-points. Dang it!

LBH, I know there will be sheep hunting this year. We're just awaiting results to see who else gets to go. Wink, wink

Best to us all,
Zeke

We all need to sue the Game and Fish for cruel and inhumane punishment, for making us wait so long. Not res. get results before we even start the process. There is no reason we should have to wait until July for some of the results. Just half way kidding here, but there is still no reason, in this day and age of computers.

You're right. It might be just before they head out of the office.

Sorry Mark, for the lack of sleep but it beats worrying about all the other crap we deal with on a daily basis.

Come on G&F, push the button! Pleeeeease!

Zeke

Just looked at the backdoor, and they don't have any names listed for refunds yet, so I guess they must be sticking to the May 8th date.

Good luck everyone!

>I wish the msgb drawing results
>would have been posted this
>morning but, alas, they were
>not.
>
>Maybe Monday will be the day....
>maybe way next Friday since
>that's the supposed deadline. I
>need to get back to
>my life and I cannot
>until I can finally breathe!
>
>
>Am I the only sick SOB
>that is afflicted with this
>"illness"?
>
>Zeke

Zeke,

I haven't drawn ##it so far (OK so I did draw an archery antelope tag in AZ but that's beside the point). I am so sick I entered the Muley Fanatic drawing at a cost of $100 yesterday for a 1:500 chance at a WY Commissioner's tag, guns, etc. And of course I didn't draw anything but what else is new haha! I've had some of my best luck over the year's drawing tags in WY (as opposed to NM where I believe I have only drawn 1 tag in 16 years of applying) so hoping I get some good news in the sheep draw! I have a feeling we are in for the same tag(s), and if so, I hope we both draw the darn things!

Good luck everyone!

Horniac

I haven't drawn a tag since Feb, 2014 (last year's WY elk 54-1) so I am hoping for some mountain goat love next week.

If I get the big "U" again I may have to burn my max deer points on a Region G or H tag just so I can get out of the house this fall. Sure glad they pushed the deer draw back this year.

Good luck to everyone who didn't apply for my goat tag!

Pretty sure it won't be Monday unless they change there ways. The usually give us heads up the day before they release results. But I'm thinking it will be earlier than the 8th also unless they change there ways on that to. Good luck everyone!!!!

Yes DDM, I think that's correct.

Here we sit, on Monday morning, wishing we knew about the drawing results. I suppose we'll know soon enough but the wait is paralyzing.

My wife said I should get a hobby. I think she's right.

Zeke

Zeke, tell your wife that waiting for the draw results is a hobby. I find myself checking this sight 10 times a day waiting for someone to say results will be up.

That's so true, roadlesshunter. I've checked the site about 5 times already and it's just barely noon!
I need to get a life!

Come on G&F, push the button! Either treat us to a tag or cut us loose!
Zeke

I looked it up last year was May 1 as stated earlier, but that was their drop dead date last year so I assume it will be on the 8th this year. hope not but it would make since.

Mark,
I didn't remember that May 1st was the drop-dead date last year. I tried to look it up to fact-check you but can't find any old info.
The 8th will be OK this year but I'll be out of town and it'll be a bit tough to check. Oh well....

Zeke

Zeke if the name on your application is Kyle Zimmerman, I'd say you drew your ram tag.

I'm getting a refund for all 4 species.

I just checked and my points haven't changed. what other back door is there?

Stay thirsty my friends

mine worked after a while of trying.

No tags for me.....which is kind of good as I already have a AZ elk tag and NV deer tag

any more specific instructions? I can't find anyplace to check for that information at the audit site.

Stay thirsty my friends

I think I drew my sheep tag, one refund for $2152 and one for $112 . I also put in for Mt Goat.

You get a point fee refund when you draw correct?

Stay thirsty my friends

If it was a point refund for sheep it would be 100, like my $50 I got for elk, but I'm not sure they refund points for sheep...2152 is a sheep refund, but I don't know what the $112 is for...keep us posted

Hey, THANKS guys for all the input!

I finally got onto the site and cannot see ANY refund for me, not even $100.

Would I get the $100 back if I drew a sheep tag? (not that it matters. just trying to figure the system out to decipher if I really drew)

I don't know what to think at this point.

Thanks, Zeke

LAST EDITED ON May-05-15 AT 10:23AM (MST)[p]$2152 is also the goat refund amount. the $112 I can't figure so I assume it's my point fee.

Checked again, invoice RM 0 $112 . and one for $2152. I don't know what to say, but I'm not going to celibrate yet.

Good luck Zeke.

Stay thirsty my friends

The invoice number should be your clue. RM0 is Resident moose. NS0 is Non-resident sheep, etc........
Now get off the site so I can re-check and see if I'm on it. I wasn't this morning for any of my 4 apps, but positive I didn't draw all 4. NEED to know which 1 , if any.

-Cade

Okay. my $2152 says NG 0, my $112 says RM 0 . I am not a resident and I didn't apply for moose.

The deeper I get the less I know.

Stay thirsty my friends

Refund for myself ($1,327.00). I guess another moose point for myself. That makes it 15 points now.

Yep, the system if totally crashed right now!

I don't like to base a "success" on zero info (Like my name not on the list) so I'll be optimistic but guarded.

I think I'm hearing that I should have seen about a $100 refund for a point and I saw nothing on my last name page. I don't know enough to know what to think.

Good luck to all

Zeke

I don't know if I'd get excited or depressed off this information. my refund code is for resident moose and my sheep point fee refund amount is off $2. so take it for what it's worth.

I checked my application on the web site and it was correct.

Stay thirsty my friends

It SOUNDS like you drew and maybe I did as well but it's sure hard to get too excited until I see something more definitive than NOTHING for my name, not even a point refund. Hummmm....
Congratulations to those who did draw... when it's official.
We shall see soon enough!
Zeke

I sure hope you get a point refund. and I hope it's $112.

Stay thirsty my friends

I hope I do too but that's what makes this "backdoor" list a bit suspect.
There's nothing showing for me under my last name. There are others with my last name but I couldn't see anything at all for me.
Now the REAL wait begins!
Zeke

Well if that's the case it looks like Zeke drew. congrats , I hope.

In my case, the $112 is the resident moose refund which goes with the RM0 code. I printed off my application from the F&G website this morning showing my NR sheep application at $2256.

So obviouly something is very wrong, who knows if it's just a screw up on me or if this information is not useful for what we're using it for.

Stay thirsty my friends

I think I figured it out, I forgot this information is only name specific nothing else. There is a WY resident with the same name as mine getting a moose refund.

Looks likely we're going sheep hunting Zeke.

Stay thirsty my friends

The no information would be suspect. Pretty sure my 12 yr old didn't draw moose, sheep and mtn goat in his first draw. I could find mine, my wife's, and my oldest son's refunds. My youngest and my daughter's refund information was nowhere to be found.

Well no Goat tag for me. Looks like I'm getting another refund.

Lets see, it looks like Colorado and Utah are up next on the draw calendar and then on to Nevada. Somebody needs to show me a little love this year! Otherwise I will have to burn my max deer points on Region G or H, just so I can go hunting somewhere.

good luck to the rest of you.

Well I was finally able to find our names on the list so it looks like no Cowboy State Sheep/Moose hunts for us!
Hang in there 440 and Zeke!
We will be pullin for ya.

LAST EDITED ON May-05-15 AT 04:34PM (MST)[p]

This is strange. The first time I tried a search, there were approximately 138,000 items in the vendor field, including many with the hunt permit refund amounts. My name did not register a hit with the Search request.

I went back to try another search, and the items in the vendor field had been reduced to about 108,000, not including any of the hunt permit refund amounts. Could they have modified the report to remove the hunt permit refund payments?

My name was not on the initial search... but this is way too early to get excited. That said, I was applying with 19 PP. Perhaps the long wait is over.

Good luck, my friends.

HT

LAST EDITED ON May-05-15 AT 02:11PM (MST)[p]Ya, The search has been modified somehow. It will search but will not show hunt tag related warrant checks.
Bummer, someone slammed the backdoor!
Good luck HT, I hope you're one of the lucky few with a tag!
Zeke

Yes, that, and too many calls to the Auditor's office.

We just got slapped on the nose with a stick for being bad boys! lol

Zeke

I couldn't get mine to pull up, but my wife's results did. Looks like no Moose or Buffalo for her. Still got my fingers crossed.

WapitiBob - Why did you erase your previous message... about it being in everyone's "best interest" to have this backdoor closed? Were you the one to notify WYG&F about the backdoor? Just wondering.

HT

This is Wyoming!!! After working in the state for 2 years this doesn't surprise me. We probably took down the state's server's, because we had more than 5 people on the same search website.

LAST EDITED ON May-05-15 AT 03:01PM (MST)[p]HT, no, I don't call game dept's to complain about guys getting a heads up. I like the "cat n mouse" game between applicants and the dept as much as anybody.
I deleted my post after reading it and realizing questions might be asked that I currently am not going to answer.

On a side note, the Auditors office was asked not to post the warrants until after the results had gone public. I suspect that oversight is why they pulled the report.

I like the cat & mouse game also. I've played it for over 3.5 decades for Wyoming sheep.
Eventually the cat needs to catch the mouse or the mouse needs to get away. We were just trying to find out which way the game will swing this year.

Christmas has nothing on drawing season! I just want to know if I got a toy or a tie. Lol

We'll all KNOW soon enough anyways!

Best, Zeke

Any word on when the results will be posted?

This seems like a valid question, if they know who's getting a refund that means they know who's getting a tag. why the drama why not just post it? maybe there's a valid reason but it seems just like a poke in the eye just because they can.

Stay thirsty my friends

Hey Zeke,

If your last name is Zimmerman and your legal first name isn't Roy, Thomas, or Drew I would be pretty pumped up right now if I was you!

Horniac

Yes, I'm pumped yet guarded. Been around too long to lose my sensabilty right now.
Did you, Horniac, get to check? I tried to check for you but site kept crashing and now it's taken down.

Zeke

I saw my sheep refund before they pulled it down, damn I'm depressed, I thought I had a good shot this year.

>Yes, I'm pumped yet guarded. Been
>around too long to lose
>my sensabilty right now.
>Did you, Horniac, get to check?
>I tried to check for
>you but site kept crashing
>and now it's taken down.
>
>
>Zeke

Yeah (post #20). The dreaded refund for me unfortunately...

Horniac

saw a moose refund for 2 guys with my name , maybe i should be very optimistic and hope there were 3 of us that put i and im the one that isnt getting a refund. ha ha

Zeke,
I don't care what you think. My intuition tells me you are going sheep hunting. That would be two great tags in two years in the Cowboy state!!!!

>I see that the auditor has
>a whole new website this
>morning. It looks like you
>can search again.
>
>NRA Life Member

Ya, you can search but the site has been modified and none of the G&F refund check are posted on the site. It will show the vendor payments but not our refunds.

Backdoor is still closed and now we await the G&F to post official results before we all get too crazy thinking we've drawn.

Zeke

Is this the calm after the storm or the calm before the storm?

It's all going down at 10 am tomorrow and I'll be on the road, Damn. I hope my phone works or I'll have to resort to letting my brother look at my results first.

I don't think we really KNOW anything yet since nothing can be assumed based on a crashed, overwhelmed, difficult to search, web site!

Zeke

David (Mightyhunter) - congratulations on finally drawing your sheep tag. Good luck on your hunt!!!

>I don't think we really KNOW
>anything yet since nothing can
>be assumed based on a
>crashed, overwhelmed, difficult to search,
>web site!
>
>Zeke

I'm with you there Zeke.

NRA Life Member

Well if you did a search before the system crashed and saw your refund check I don't think that will change. We be out!

Now if your search didn't find a refund check, I guess it is possible, though not likely, that somehow it wasn't there yet, or that your search wasn't filtered correctly. But IMO if you performed the search correctly and you didn't see a refund check you are going to be hunting in WY this fall!

I guess we will find out in ninety minutes or so...

Good luck guys!

Horniac

My intuition was right on Z-man!
Congrats to him and all the lucky tag recipients. That doesn't include my son so we are a little bummed but not surprised.

I've been driving all day to get to my daughter's place. We will be honored to attend her college graduation and nurse pinning tomorrow! Best news of the day.

Second best news is I drew a sheep tag!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words of support from those who found out I drew a tag.
I feel bad for my MM friends who really figured they'd draw but didn't.

Luck was on my side!
Thanks, Zeke

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom