West Beaty's Archery Goat

R

ruttnstrutt

I drew an Oregon West Beaty's Archery Goat tag...anyone got the skinny?

RuttNStrutt

I was there several years ago in deer season. I saw all of the antelope of the west side up as high as they could be, near the trees just north of the Nevada border. I never saw one in the sagebrush where I thought I would, they were high and in large groups but it has been awhile since I have been there.

Rich

I hunted there last year, lots of antelope. My advise- if you plan on hunting a water hole, get there early. Cause by opening day it'll be hard to find a spot to hunt. Not too many other hunters. But you'll find camps with one hunter with 6 of his buddies, who will cruise around all day on their ATV's, screwing up other peoples hunts. I hunted near the Shirk Ranch.

I've been out there a few times this summer. I have seen a ton of goats, but have not seen an 80" goat yet. I did see a decent goat west of shirk ranch. PM me if you want more info, I don't know exactly where the east/west beatty's butte boundary line is, but I did see many small herds of antelope in the country just east of doherty slide.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom