Western Wy wolf

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
This lil guy and a breeding pair really messed up my elk hunt last season…so I messed up his family life.

IMG_1611.jpeg

2C1B2D1A-D702-48C9-995F-E93E95BEEF7B.jpeg

F8A40CAF-80DE-4AD2-9A45-465FAE281F45.jpeg

I like how it fits your saddle Horsecreek.

Congrats on that saddle too. Also, what’s the name of that brand on your pony?

I like how it fits your saddle Horsecreek.

Congrats on that saddle too. Also, what’s the name of that brand on your pony?
I had my dads ponies last season for a bit…I’m not sure of his brand. I’ll ask him. Also his saddle lol
My two boys got the week off to rest up last year so I took the two girls out.

Cool…… my boys used to borrow my stuff too……..now, I borrow theirs. It’s been a great relationship, they borrowed my horses, saddles, cooler, traps, stoves, lanterns, guns, tents…… now I borrow there 4wheelers, boats, diesel trucks, side by sides, travel trailers. It’s great, I actually quite like how it’s all come down.??

@HorseCreek
I know nothing about hunting on horses, or horses for that matter. Question about your gun scabbard. Is that the usual way you mount it? It seems low and that it would hang up on brush easy.

@HorseCreek
I know nothing about hunting on horses, or horses for that matter. Question about your gun scabbard. Is that the usual way you mount it? It seems low and that it would hang up on brush easy.
It’s actually not how I hang it. I let it drop lower to tie the wolf on. Usually I drop the barrel end lower and the stock end is higher. But either way I’ve never had issues with them catching on brush and or trees. Everyone does it different. This horse is my dads. My horse is a big draft and I mount it completely different than this.

Good job, The only thing wrong with your set up is there is no place for your butt. Most of us old guys would put the wolf behind the saddle, put the butt of the gun up close the the swell of the saddle, put the barrel of the gun under the fender and our old butt in the saddle.
It’s actually not how I hang it. I let it drop lower to tie the wolf on. Usually I drop the barrel end lower and the stock end is higher. But either way I’ve never had issues with them catching on brush and or trees. Everyone does it different. This horse is my dads. My horse is a big draft and I mount it completely different than this.

Good job, The only thing wrong with your set up is there is no place for your butt. Most of us old guys would put the wolf behind the saddle, put the butt of the gun up close the the swell of the saddle, put the barrel of the gun under the fender and our old butt in the saddle.
This young cowboy is smart enough to have another horse (not pictured)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom