What a Knucklehead!!!

GilaJeff

I knew as soon as I read the words that I drew my first choice something was wrong. It seems as though I applied for Unit 35 as first choice when it should have been my third choice. My first choice should have been Unit 44. I called Game and Fish, and they told me that is what I applied for. So, I guess I'll return my tag, as I cannot see myself burning 17 points on unit 35. I do have a question for you all. If you had 17 non-resident deer points and wanted to hunt next year what rifle hunts or others would you be looking at? I am hearing that Unit 44 is nothing like it was back in 2002 when I drew that 3rd season tag with three points!

Same thing happened to friend of mine he applied for 61,1st season and 71 second choice. and ? he lost 10 points, and.. received a 71 elk tag. So he made a few phone calls

So this year in the 2019 draw you must have went in with 16 points if you drew in 2002. Am I mistaken on that?.
If I am correct on your points and you return the tag you drew this year you won't gain a point so you will still have 16 points for next year in 2020.
Are you a resident or nonresident?
I have a friend who is a nonresident that drew in 35/4th season this year with 16 points. After he learned of the tag increases he's not sure if he wants to hunt it this year or not.
What season did you draw?

Good reason to apply a day or 2 before the deadline, and look HARD @ the receipt to see what the computer thinks you applied for, before the deadline...next year.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom