AspenAdventures

Very Active Member
The issues are:

World Terrorism
Fiscal Spending
Immigration
Social Security
etc

What were the solutions to these problems that were offered by dems to get them into power in this last election?

Exactly! I don't know either. It seems that all they said was"We are not republicans." I guess that was enough because the Republicans had no way to convince the American public otherwise.

So, Dems, what were and or are the solutions to the above issues?
And, will anything actually be done about it?

One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Who said they have any solutions? Americans didn't vote the dems in because they love them, they voted the republicans out because they're sick of them.

I haven't heard any specific plans except do away with the Bush tax cuts. More taxes has been their solution to every problem for decades now.

Eel

They voted out the Republicans because they acted like dems. Which aparently made the American public sick to their stomachs. I can relate to the thought of dems making me sick.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

More taxes caused the problems we had when Bush came into office. It took years but companies, tired of the dem tax's finally were ablt to figure out how to do business halfway around the world and ship their goods from hostile countries across thousands of miles of sea because it was cheaper to do all that than to pay Clintons taxs. That should tell you something about the brilliance of the dems.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-06 AT 05:43PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-06 AT 05:41?PM (MST)

Dude, you are right, the dems have no plans.
The American public voted with their gut and not with their head. Pelosi will not solve the war in Iraq, fix social security, solve the imigration problem, repair our divided nation (bipartisan bull crap).

I am upset with the Republicans for not giving the American public what they wanted.
1. Ammend the constitution to give marital rights to only a man and a woman. (the way nature intended families and couples to be)

2. Stop illegal immigration and crack down on the border. And offer people the ability to know within 1 week whether they can come into this country. Right now it is easier to cross deserts with your children so you can live in America the beautiful than it is to fill out an application. That should tell us something.

3. Spend less money and get rid of the useless government programs until we do balance our yearly budget. If we want to spend more we should only be able to spend what we have in the bank(which is nothing). When my budget gets tight I get rid of all the fun stuff first. We have to much fun stuff right now and need to crack down on the real budget. Democrats will probably do this one and I thank them for it.

4. Social Security has an easy fix. Invest it in our national debt and pay ourselves interest. Similar to borrowing from your 401K. If SS made 5% like the Chinese do off our national debt, and we each made the 5% on our money, we would all retire with 4 million dollars in the bank instead of the $300K benefit most retiring Americans get. I don't understand why this doesn't just galvanize every citizen in the country. Bush was laughed at for this solution. He should have shown the country what they are missing out on. $4.1 million at retirement.

These are all conservative solutions but they will get us further than we have the last 15 years.

Perhaps you missed one of my points. I clearly (at least to myself) see what I intend to be a good argurement. What I don't see are any intelligent responses.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-06 AT 06:31PM (MST)[p]Dude, I guess if you had to get my point down to one sentence it would be this.

Republicans lost the elections because they acted like the pansie dems they claimed not to be.

It's not that America was "sick and tired of the republicans", as you stated. They are sick and tired of the Republicans acting like dems.

I have a question, what's the commander and chief going to do to fix the problems that he created? It's his war, it was his war to start, it's his war to finish and no matter what the dems come up with, they cant to a thing about it without the consent of the commander and chief of the armed forces, and that would be Bush.

So, why aren't you asking the man in charge what he plans to do to get us out of the ridiculous mess, he's the decider - or did you already forget?

If Murtha gets elected house majority leader won't that be a show with him and Bush going at it. A 37 year Marine vs Bush on the war in Iraq, get the popcorn out.

>I have a question, what's the
>commander and chief going to
>do to fix the problems
>that he created? It's
>his war, it was his
>war to start, it's his
>war to finish and no
>matter what the dems come
>up with, they cant to
>a thing about it without
>the consent of the commander
>and chief of the armed
>forces, and that would be
>Bush.
>
>So, why aren't you asking the
>man in charge what he
>plans to do to get
>us out of the ridiculous
>mess, he's the decider -
>or did you already forget?
>

It's already started and the new Libs have not even been sworn in yet! LOL!

The same Murtha that was listed as one of the ten most corrupt people in Washington?

the nation spoke on tuesday, for whatever that's worth to you. I dont think it's up to the democrates to "get us out of this mess," they will do their best, but lets just see hour cooperative Bush will be. If he gets his dumb-ars out of the way, like he should (he now has the lowest support ever in his tenure), there would be additional options.

You Neocons just cant take ANY responsibility for puting your man in charge and for supporting what some are calling an illegal war.

God help this nation and the people of the middle east. . .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom