What B zone would be best

chap_dog48

Trying to score a close to book blackie and wanted to know what zones anyone would hunt to have a good chance.

Kurt-www.shootitimages.com

Public ground answer is B1. Private...anyone of the zones could be excellent. Second choice would be B2.

Trinity Co. has the most in the book. Mostly B2. Concentrate in the wilderness areas. Book blackies are like gold. They're where you find them.

Eel

Think Trinity Alps Wilderness.....above and/or at timberline....check the willow patches.

BOHNTR )))---------->

I wouldn't overlook the Marble Mtns. The Trinity Alps get pounded year after year and while there are big bucks there, I would look for an off-the-beaten-path type of spot in the Marbles. Other than that, look for private land in that country that could get you a LO tag that could get you on some migrating bucks.

THERE WERE ALOT OF BURNS LAST YEAR! AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE IN THE BEST SHAPE TO HIKE IN 2 MILES...Yolla Bolly burn may be best bet this year on the Hay Fork side easy access mantanined trails.. I'd hunt them after opening weekend other wise you be run over be horses...
Alps burns are older and saw alot of nice deer taken there last year...like BOHNTR said during the heat of the day hunt willow patches (best during Bow season).
GOOD LUCK

49f290a211ec7780.jpg

Rackmaster

B2 may have more entries, but it seems to me that in the past 7 or 8 years B1 (Mendocino) has the most entries. As far as the YBW burns...if your a trophy hunter and no early cold storms come in, you'd be smart to hunt the many recent burns!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom