WHAT DID YOU BAG IN 04?

S

sprayer

2004 IS DONE, SO WHAT DID YOU GET?

I HAD PROBABLY ONE OF THE FUNNEST SEASONS EVER BUT ONLY GOT A SMALL 3X3 WHITETAIL AND WORKED DAMN HARD FOR IT. ABOUT 9 DAYS OR SO.

MISSED A HUGE WHITETAIL.
DIDN'T EVEN SEE A TURKEY EXCEPT AT DISTANCE.
NO BEAR BUT SAW TWO ON THE RESERVATION WHERE I CAN'T HUNT.
NO ELK. DIDN'T SEE ONE. DIDN'T HUNT VERY HARD THOUGH.
NO COYOTES, BUT I'M MAKING UP FOR THAT NOW. 3 SO FAR IN TWO TRIPS THIS YEAR.

LOT'S OF GROUSE.
ONLY ONE PHEASANT BECAUSE IT TOOK TOO LONG TO GET MY DEER.
ONE DUCK. DON'T REALLY LIKE WATERFOUL THOUGH. LOST MY TASTE FOR THEM. GUESS THATS IT.

Awesome year! I bagged my first Buck! Whitetail 3x3, but still an awesome buck for this first timer! I should have the mount done in a couple months! I also shot my first Elk!!! I only drew a muzz cow tag, but it was an awesome hunt. Lots of work, but it paid off! An awesome year, only hoping to top it with this year! Good luck to all in 05!!!

Here's what I bagged in '04, took this buck in my home state of California. Scores 171 6/8", probably the most memorable hunt of my life.

215054.jpg

Bag my first buck with a muzzleloader 3X3 muley, handfull of chuckers, and handfull of grouse (Blue and ruffled), two sage grouse, several contontails, 3 ducks, 3 geese, and a ton of memories.

400bull

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-05 AT 08:39AM (MST)[p]A 29" muley
A wild hog
A 82 4/8" antelope
A local muley doe
A 193 7/8 muley
A pile of dove, along with a few quail and ducks.

I was blessed with some pretty good luck this year.

Antelope
Mule Deer
Whitetail
Coues
A bunch of ducks, geese, and pheasants.
And I passed up a few bears and several bucks with my bow waiting for MR. Big who never came along.
The years just keep getting better and for that I am thankful.

Lien2

not as much as i would've liked. wyoming mule deer hunt was a bust. in oklahoma, got about 20 doves. a tiny whitetail buck and a doe. a few quail. a couple coyotes, one of which i still can't believe i hit, over 500 yards away at a dead run. flung a shot just for the hell of it and it somersaulted and died. somehow missed a huge gobbler. maybe this year will be better.

Krusty.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-05 AT 12:32PM (MST)[p]Hey 264Magnum,
You forgot to post your famous turtle hunts. By the way how many of them green ghosts did you bag this year.

Myself I shot a nice little 3x4 Coues with a rifle and a Javalina with my bow.

I'd rather be lucky than good.

KnifeBoy

One mule deer doe
One mule deer buck (185")
One whitetail buck (133")
One antelope (13.5")
One black bear
Two turkeys
48 ducks
One swan
One pheasant
One goose

2004 was a good year. Harvested my third muley with a bow, helped my wife and 14 year old brother in law get their first bucks, picked up some nice deer and elk sheds, a handful of pheasants, quail, chuckers, grouse,and rabbits. Still waiting to draw a limited entry elk tag and probably will be for a while.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-05 AT 05:59PM (MST)[p]Bagged my first muley buck (192 3/8 gross typical 4x4). Got a shot at a 5x5 bull but shot placement wasn't what I would have liked and he got away. 5 days later a herd ran by me at 20 yards and I let the bull run past (5x5) even though I had a cow call in my mouth and probably could have stopped him. But owell next time.

spring gobbler
first mule deer (forkhorn)
14+ antelope (best ever)
whitetail doe

helped my buddy drag out....
antelope buck
small 4 X 4 mule deer buck
130 pt 4 X 3 whitetail
130 pt 5 X 5 whitetail

hoping to whack a coyote in the next few days or weeks

Searcher

Once when I was young and dumb I got a two bagger over at Western State College. It kind of kept me humble.

BeanMan

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-05 AT 09:23PM (MST)[p]My first muley buck, a 20" wide 4x2

my first archery animal, a white tail doe

My first bull elk, a small 4x4 raghorn (was with my old man when i got it)

even though i didnt get anything huge this year i got some firsts that are pretty memorable.

all were over the counter on public land within an hour of my house.

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-05
>AT 12:32?PM (MST)

>
>Hey 264Magnum,
>You forgot to post your famous
>turtle hunts. By the way
>how many of them green
>ghosts did you bag this
>year.
>KnifeBoy

about 50 turtles, maybe 20 frogs. we had a warm and wet winter last year, made for a real good hatch. kept the guns blazing all day :)

Krusty.jpg

3 toms in April....
An 81' pronghorn in Oct.
And so many quail that I don't quite know how many....

Scottyboy

A couple ex-girlfriends, a couple Im proud of and a couple Im not so proud of. Im on track for a better '05, got em lined up like a row of dominoes.

264Magnum,
Your freaking hilarious.
Thanks for starting an unintentionally hilarious post with your turtle hunting. LOL

KnifeBoy

Was a OK season for me :)
My first Wolf
IMG_0894.jpg

A 6'8" Black Bear
My04black4a.jpg

A decent 5x4 Whitey
IMG_1242.jpg

A 178 inch Typical Muley
IMG_1143.jpg

My first lion. 7'3" nose to tail 15 4/16 inch skull
IMG_1493.jpg

Also got a LEH muley doe to help fill the freezer. Wonder what the 2005/2006 season is going to be like. Got my fingers crossed for this upcoming month to be drawn for Grizz.

069729.gif

Dang it!! Why didn't I post earlier, now I have to follow BCBOY, I cant compare to the year he had.

Other than some rabbits and a few doves, I had a pretty uneventful year.....

Oh yeah, I bagged this bull in September.....:)

2004bull2.jpg

P1020690.jpg

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/muleyhunter84088/CopyofP1020729.jpg[/IMG]

CopyofP1020747.jpg

TUFF--SCOTT

----------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE FOR PEDRO!!

BCBOY,
You had a Helluva year!
Tuff that bull is Great!
I had a rather difficult year, I couldn't find a buck good enough to take.
It seems I am shooting less and less, I guess that's trophy hunting.
I did take a great Lion in South West Montana in December.
Lion1.jpg

I missed my elk , got worried about my wife , found out about 3 in the afternoon that she had taken her first animal in her life . Her cow stepped out with a couple others about 10 in the morning and walked up to about 50 feet . One shot one kill .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom