what do u think

K

kbuck

I drew an az. 12aw early tag for mule deer oct. 31 thru nov. 9th. I also purchased a 55 3rd season landower tag a month ago. this season is from nov. 1 thru 7th. I have hunted the gunnison basin last two years i no the area i am also aware of the winter kill i no theres still good bucks in 55. I have no idea about 12aw i do no it can be very good to. I am planning on hunting both ares some how. Tell me what you think.

Honest truth,

You kinnot by no arizona landowner tag, so if you up an flop this tag and dunt put in yer time, then wait another ten years before u get anothern, its a no brainer to this ol southern boy. Sounds like you is a huntin colorada any ol time. nuff said.

Quote:
?I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and have never seen the day when I did not pray for them.?
- General Robert E. Lee

T-bone

T bone thanks but this good old okie boy likes to make things happen. I am going to hunt both, just dont no where to go first colorado better at the end of the season. Oh i forgot to mention i also drew NM an have a guided hunt nov. 8th thru 12th. I love hunting mule deer thanks Kurt.

Sounds like you is gonna have a full freezr to me, all them hunts. Don know how a feller affords these days. Good luck oki and you may wanna run yer story by donny boy (don martin). He hunts up in yer area an awful lot. He even took down a turky this year.

Quote:
?I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and have never seen the day when I did not pray for them.?
- General Robert E. Lee

T-bone

Typically the early hunt is not as good as the late hunt depending on the weather. The Deer in 12aw are very migratory. I would hunt Colorado first then AZ. This will give you a chance to let the weather get a little colder in AZ + there will be a lot of weekend warriors in 12aw so later in the hunt there will not be as much presure on the deer

John

John that makes since to me. I lke to get where people are not. The later should be better. Do the deer move in early nov. in AZ. sounds kinda early unless u get some good storms. Thanks Kurt.

all depends on the weather. Don't get me wrong there are big deer in 12AW right now and it is HOT but the later in the year and cooler it gets it is easier to find them

I personally would plan on spending as much time in 12aw as necessary. You can kill great bucks on the early hunt, but they wont be rutting so you need to be ready before first light glassing in the morning and of course right before dark. Problem with the early hunt is the deer are spread all over the unit. Some on top by Jacob lake and some down on the bottom by sowats. You need to find out where the concentration of the deer are at and then spend time glassing with big glass. Until its closer to the hunt, none of us will know what the weather will do. Two years ago, Duwane Adams camp killed two monster bucks on the early hunt. One buck was killed up on top and one buck was killed down on the bottom. There had been cold weather for two weeks but alot of deer had not moved down. Anyway, you might think of Calling Duwane for the map service, it will save you a bunch of gas money.............520-385-4995......... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

I agree with you i just dont want to settle with shooting a average buck in colorado. Allen i did order a map not from duwane whats the difference. I do have top of the line binos an spotting scope is the country open good to glass etc. thanks for your help Kurt.

Kbuck,

Duwane does a lot of guiding in this country and has a very good map service. He has extensive knowledge of this area and would give you an advantage especially if you do not have knowledge of the area and/or do not have time to scout much. Unless it does get cold or snow most of the deer will be in thick stuff up high. Good luck on your hunts.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom