what elk unit can I draw?

Abiggerfish2fry

Very Active Member
Well I have decided to cash in my 11 points for elk and 11 points for deer! I've done with buying points in wyoming. I am not needing a monster for the wall but just a fun hunt! any suggestions on what to put in for next year?
Thanks Joe

Will you have 11 in the 2020 draw or 12? Do you want to hunt in an area without grizzlies or does it matter? Hunt with your bow only or just rifle or a combo? Are you caught up on score or just want to hunt a mature bull? Will you pay the special tag fee price or stick with the cheap fee price?

If 11 in 2020, it will probably be hard to pull the better units going the regular price fee.

Also, maybe you should try to do elk one year and then deer the next as typically the time frame of the hunts and locations don't overlap well. If that isn't an issue then go for it!

>Will you have 11 in the
>2020 draw or 12?
>Do you want to hunt
>in an area without grizzlies
>or does it matter?
>Hunt with your bow only
>or just rifle or a
>combo? Are you caught
>up on score or just
>want to hunt a mature
>bull? Will you pay
>the special tag fee price
>or stick with the cheap
>fee price?
>
>If 11 in 2020, it will
>probably be hard to pull
>the better units going the
>regular price fee.

>Also, maybe you should try to
>do elk one year and
>then deer the next as
>typically the time frame of
>the hunts and locations don't
>overlap well. If that
>isn't an issue then go
>for it!
>
>
>
>

I am going in with 11 in 2020 and I don't want to hunt around grizzlies, I don't want to have to look over my shoulder every 5 minutes! I would like to burn my points on a mature bull if possible ,but it does not have to be a monster because I've got a few of those already.
I would just like to have a fun hunt and I will use either bow or rifle on this hunt.
I will go with the special fee if it really make the odds that much better but everything I have seen pretty much say there is really not much better of a chance to draw with it!
Thanks Joe

One more question!

Do you mind hunting public/private mixed land or would you prefer all public?

>One more question!
>
>Do you mind hunting public/private mixed
>land or would you prefer
>all public?

I don't mind paying to get on private as long as it is not a crazy fee

I am in the exact same boat. 11 points for 2020 don't want Griz and don't wanna pay 8-9 K. 63 years old and wanna get done with Wyo. I am the same , don't mind paying trespass fee either......BULL!

My question was do you mind hunting the public when you have to deal with private boundaries or would you prefer a national forest type hunt where you were not worried about private. If the latter, a Bighorn tag like Coloradoboy mentioned is probably your best bet.

I think most of the good private access hunts are pretty hefty fees now in areas with a mix of public/private.

>>One more question!
>>
>>Do you mind hunting public/private mixed
>>land or would you prefer
>>all public?
>
>I don't mind paying to get
>on private as long as
>it is not a crazy
>fee

Nripepi, from what I have been looking into You are correct. I am from AZ. and we generelly don't have that problem with private. I would just as soon hunt National Forrest ,but not with 2 thousand other Hunters for dinks. Years ago when starting this process Ya think with lottsa points paid for You wouldn't be in this stuation hunting a Rocky Mtn. State. But years later here we are lokkin for a place without a ton of people..Thanks............BULL!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom